Chapter 1

Welcome to the sequel of "The Future Queen"

If you haven't read the first book then I suggest you do or you might not be able to understand this one.

*May contain swearing*

^Amelia's Ring^

------------------------------------------------------------

-----Amelia's POV-----

Its been a few days after Christmas and our engagement will be announced today or tomorrow and I still can't believe I'm engaged to him.

I watch Alex as he sleeps so peacefully until I decided to start getting ready for the day.

"Alex, It's time to get up" I say as I try to wake him up and all he does is nod.

I grab my outfit and walk to the bathroom and start to get ready.

.....A Few Minutes Later.....

I exit the bathroom to see him still asleep on the bed in the exact position I left him at a while ago.

I wake him up again for about five minutes and finally he wakes up.

Today I decided to wear a burgundry knee length dress with the sleeves reaching until my forearm. I decided to go with black heels for my shoes today.

We will be having our engagement pictures taken today.

I sit on couch and go on my phone while I wait for Alex to finish.

.....A Few Minutes Later.....

Alex comes out in a black suit and walks over to the mirror as I watch him struggle to put on his tie.

I get up and walk over towards him as I grab it and fix it properly as he watches me with a smile.

After I finish I give him a quick peck and walk over to my bag and grab it as we exit our room.

We start to walk over to the terrace for breakfast as the staff greet us on our way.

We finally arrived and we sit down and start to have our breakfast with everyone.

My family and friends are still staying but they plan on going back in two days

"We'll be announcing your engagment after the photoshoot, if it's alright with you both?" Victoria says

"I'm fine with that, love?" Alex says

"Yes, I'm good with that too" I say

"Excellent" she says with a smile.

.....A Few Minutes Later.....

We just finished breakfast and we have to take the engagement photos.

Currently we are on our way to meet the photographer.

"Where do you want to take the picture?" Alex asks with his hand around my waist.

"Anywhere" I say until I thought of the perfect spot.

"How about in the garden? Where we first kissed" I say and I blush at the thought as a grin starts to form on his face.

"That's an excellent idea darling" he says and we continue to walk in silence

We made it to the sitting room where the photographer is waiting.

We enter and she curtsys as she introduces herself to us.

"Good Morning, Your Highness, Ms. Peterson I'm Stephanie and I will be taking your engagment photos"

"It's nice to meet you too Stephanie and please just call us by our first names" I tell her and she looks back at us with a shocked expression on her face.

"But-" she says after some time.

"Please, I insist" I say and she finally nods and we all sit on the couch.

"Do you have any specific location you would want to take the pictures at?" She asks as Alex and I look at each other and I gesture fo him to tell her.

"We were hoping in the garden" Alex says as she nods and lists it in her notebook.

"Well we also need formal ones so what about we take a few here and then we could do the others in the garden?"

.....One Hour Later.....

We finally finished with the indoors pictures and we are about to take the one in the garden.

We walk towards the bench where we sat that summer night.

I can help but smile at the memory as we are positioned and the pictures are starting to be taken from all sorts of angles.

.....A Few Minutes Later.....

After we finished with all the photo taking the whole family wanted to meet up and look at the pictures that were taken today.

We all sat and looked at each one while giving our opinions.

After a while the picture that will be posted together with the announcement has been decided.

We wait for a while until we are informed that the announcement has been posted together with the picture.

I checked my phone and true enough it was already posted.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A statement from Their Majesties

We are delighted to announce the engagment of His Royal Highness Prince Alexander to Ms. Amelia Peterson.

Futher Information regarding the wedding will be posted as soon as possible.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

.....A Few Hours Later.....

We just finished dinner and just entered our room to retire for the night.

"We have a busy day tomorrow" Alex says as I nod and drag myself to the bed with my outfit.

I was about to cover myself with the blanket when I feel myself being lifted.

"Love, you have to change first" Alex says as I groan and he carries me to the closet to get my clothes.

.....A Few Minutes Later.....

I just finished taking a shower and I am currently laying in bed with my phone.

I check my social media accounts for a few minutes then I hear the bathroom door open.

Alex comes out with his hair still wet as he sits on the bed beside me and I cuddle close to him as I put my phone on the night table.

"I love you" he says looking at me.

"I love you too" I say as I smile at him.

Soon I feel myself slowly falling asleep.

Author's Note:

Word Count: 997

Hope you liked it.

This is just a short chapter like the first book but expect the next chapters to be longer.