Chapter 20

After dinner we changed to our pajamas before we all met up in the room.

Soon we were all on the bed with all sorts of food around us and music playing through the speaker.

"How's life been since you moved here? You seem to have forgotten us" Sophia says while eating a bag of chips.

"I havent, I've just been so busy since moving here" I explain

"Does Alex know when he's coming back?" Maddie asks

"I don't think so he hasn't told me anything" I say and she nods.

"Sophia I saw you were away for a few weeks, did you meet anyone new?" Maddie asks while Sophia takes a gulp of wine.

"I haven't actually...but I must tell you both something. I feel I have kept it long enough from both of you" she says

We both nod and we wait for her to speak but I have a feeling she will be telling us about her relationship with George.

"I was once in a relationship with George but we didn't last long"

"Shut up" Maddie says with eyes wide in shock "as in George the brother of Alex who is just a few hallways away from us right now!?!"

"Yes, him, but we only lasted for a few months then we realized we wouldn't work out for each other" Sophia explains.

"Did you know about this?" Maddie asks me as they both turn to me.

"Yes, I did, George told Alex and I when we met up with him in Paris" I say and this time Sophia's eyes widen.

"Why didn't you tell me you knew about it?" Sophia asks

"We decided it was best we wait for you to say it when you choose to do so" I say as she nods before I continue "Honestly, I was starting to research about you both until Alex stopped me and convinced me to wait until you're ready to talk about it" I say as they both laugh.

"I should thank him for convincing you to end your research about our relationship" Sophia says

"I agree, if he did not stop her, Amelia would know so much about your relationship with George by now" Maddie says as I glare at her.

"Where did you both meet?" Maddie asks turning to Sophia

"We met in Italy when I was there for work and he was on vacation" Sophia explains until my phone rings.

I glance at my and phone and I see Alex video calling me. I look up at them and they gesture for me to go and answer it.

I get up and I walk to the bathroom with the phone and I quickly shut the door as I answer.

"Hey, were you asleep already?" Alex asks as I answer the call.

I noticed he was seated on a couch and he looked like he would be going to bed soon.

"No, I was just talking with Sophia and Maddie. Sophia told us about George already and she knows that we knew for some time already" I explain "Anyways, How are you there?"

"Good, but I terribly miss you and I wish I could be there" he says with a smile.

"I miss you too" I say as I smile back at him "hopefully soon we will be back together"

"Hopefully... so what's the plan for tomorrow?" He asks

"Well, I have a class with Mrs. Collin in the morning and a meeting with Martha in the afternoon, what about you?" I explain

"We will be helping those affected by restoring some houses and shops in town tomorrow morning" Alex explains

"Well th-" I say until I get interrupted by a knock.

"Hold on, I'll be quick" he says and I nod before he gets up and walks away from his laptop.

Simillar to our last conversation he was talking to someone but the conversation is unclear.

-----Alex' POV-----

"Alex, may I come in?" Charlotte asks with a smile as she enters without waiting for my answer.

Surprisingly she wasn't in her normal outfits but instead in her nightgown.

"Charlotte is there anything you need?" I ask as she looks at me for a short moment then looks away.

Charlotte and I don't use titles when addressing each other as we were quite close as children. We only use titles when out in public and infront of guests.

"Oh, I didn't know you were in a call with someone" she says while glancing at my laptop.

"Yes, I am currently speaking to my fiancèe" I say as she nods.

"Would you like to meet her?" I ask

"Sure, I'd love to meet her" she says as I nod and I take a seat back on the couch and Charlotte sits beside me.

-----Amelia's POV-----

After waiting for a few seconds Alex returns with a woman who I recognize is Princess Charlotte of Quarincia in a nightgown.

What is she doing in his room at this time? And wearing that? It must've been something urgent, but why are they still here talking to me if that's the situation?

"Love, I want you to meet Charlotte, Charlotte, this is my fiancèe Amelia" Alex quickly introduces us both.

"It's wonderful to meet you, Alex speaks a lot about you, it's a pity you weren't able to come here with him" Charlotte says

"Yes, unfortunately we cannot hold the wedding preparations for long, but I know that soon we will be back together, celebrating our wedding and our future together" I say as Alex smiles at me.

"So what will you be doing tomorrow?" Charlotte asks

"I have a meeting with the wedding plan-" I say until she interrupts me.

"That's lovely, Alex and I will be helping out with some of the houses tomorrow, you know its been fun these past few days with Alex here" she says "Just like the old times when we used to hang out here or there in Othillia every vacation chance we got"

"That must have been fun, I have to go now, I have other things to do and my friends are waiting for me" I say

"Oh, well it was nice meeting you Amelia, I hope we can meet soon so I can tell you all our adventures, those were a lot of fun...well 'till then, I look forward to meeting you" she says with a smile.

"Likewise" I say before Alex speaks.

"I'll call you tomorrow, I love you" he says and I nod before replying.

"I love you too" I say as I end the call.

I sigh as I stare at my phone for a few seconds thinking back to our conversation. It seems she knows so much about him and they have so much history together.

I fix myself up and prepare myself for the questions that is sure to come when I return to the room.

Author's Note:

I apologize for not updating in quite sometime, I've been very busy lately. I'll try to post another chapter as soon as possible.

Word Count: 1184

Hope you liked it.