Chapter 4

.....The Next Day.....

I got up and got ready for the day doing my usual routine.

Currently we are having breakfast in the terrace.

"Amelia, Alex do you both have anything scheduled for today?" Victoria asks us both

"I do, but mine would just be quick" Alex says and Victoria nods as she looks towards me.

"Well I have work today" I respond

"Alright, well you both better be back early for dinner tonight, Layla will be coming this afternoon" she says

Shit! She's coming already! Today!

.....A Few Hours Later.....

I left work early today to prepare myself before I meet Layla. Alex decided to pick me up since he was nearby.

Soon as he arrives I enter the car and we start to head back to the palace.

"When we arrive go straight to the room and change quickly, I'll follow a bit behind you, incase mother or Layla spots us" Alex says as I nod.

"Anything specific I need to wear?" I ask as I look at him while he continues to dtive.

"I have it prepared already in our room it's by the couch" he says as we stop for awhile as the stop light turns red.

"Thank you" I say as I peck him on the cheek and he intertwines our hands before bringing my face closer and kissing me on the lips.

.....A Few Minutes Later.....

We arrive in the palace and I immediately grab my things and rush through the walls as I pass by the staff and they all look at me with shock.

I bet I acted like a kid running to the toy store instead of the future queen.

Just a few more turns and I am about to make it to our room.

"Alex and Amelia should be here soon" Shit! I hear Victoria say in the nearby hallway.

"Well, I can't wait to meet her" I hear a woman say who I presume is Layla.

I enter the closest room and silently close the door.

I breath out a sigh of relief until I turn around and I see Edward seated at his desk looking at me. Shit.

I slightly look around and I realize I'm in his office.

"I'm so sorry, It seems I am in the wrong room, I wasn't planning to do anything, I was just heading back to the room to change and-" I say until I realize I am rambling already.

"I'm rambling aren't I?" Iask and Edward nods with a chuckle.

"Why don't you tell me why you're hiding from someone?" he asks

"I wasn't hiding from anyone" I say until I couldn't help it anymore "Alright, I'm so sorry, I was just trying to head back to the room to get ready for dinner before I meet Mrs. Collin and I almost encountered her with Victoria so I entered without realising which room I entered" I say as I look away as he continues to stare at me.

I wait as he remains silent for a few seconds until he finally speaks "It's alright, you may go now if you think their gone" he says as he starts to read a piece of paper on his desk. I nod and thank him but before I get to turn the door knob he speaks once more.

"Oh and if you need to hide just tell me, I may know a few spots" he says as I turn around to face him.

"How?" I ask as he puts down the paper and looks at me.

"Well, I grew up here" he says "I've had my own fun as well with hiding from the staff and Victoria before"

"I find it hard to imagine you hiding from the Victoria and the staff" I say as he chuckles.

"Well I did before...you may not believe it but our marriage was arranged" he says with a smile as my eyes widen.

"How? Both of you are so in love with one another, you both seem to know each other for so long already" I say as he laughs.

"Our parents planned it and over time we grew to respect, cherish and love one another"

"So you used to hide from her before?"

"I did, I would stay hidden until late at night doing my work until I was sure she would be asleep before I went to our room"

Before I get to speak some more there's a knock on the door and it opens to reveal. Liam.

He looks surprised to see me here but he quickly covers it up "Good Afternoon Ms. Peterson"

"Good Afternoon" I say with a smile.

"Your Majesty I have the paper you have requested" Liam says as he hands a piece of paper to Edward.

"I'll be taking my leave now, excuse me" I say as Edward smiles and nods as I leave and close the door.

I rush through the hallways and head towards the room.

I enter and immediately close and lock the door as I lean against the door while I catch my breath.

"Where were you?" I look up to see Alex standing by the bed.

I get up and walk towards him and lay myself on the bed as I tell him what has happened in the last few minutes.

.....A Few Minutes Later.....

After I tell Alex the whole story he is left laughing at me. It turns out he knew about the arranged marriage of his parents and did not even bother to tell me about it.

I slightly smack him on the arm as he continues to laugh. I get up and check out the outfit on the couch. I lift up the dress and look at it.

It's a shamrock green knee length dress with the sleeves reaching until my forearms. I notice on the floor a pair of black heels and by the side of the couch is a gold necklace I haven't seen before with a matching bracelet. I lift the jewellery and take a look at it as I turn to Alex with the necklace on my hand.

"Do you like it?" Alex asks as he starts to gets up from the bed and walks towards me.

"I love it" I say as he smiles and I gather everything and I head to the bathroom to get ready.

.....A Few Minutes Later.....

I exit the bathroom with my outfit and the matching jewellery. I fixed my hair into a bun and I apply a bit of make up.

I spot Alex by the mirror in a black suit as he struggles with his tie. I approach him and I help him out while he smiles at me and steals a kiss after I finished.

We check each other out one more time before we head out of the room and we start to head towards the sitting room.

Author's Note:

Hope you liked it.

Word Count: 1158