Chapter 16

"I have to visit the kingdom of Quarincia, I leave tomorrow"

"You're leaving?" I ask

He nods before replying "Othillia is allies with Quarincia so we must show our support"

"How long?" I ask

"I'm not yet sure, about a month or so, as soon as their back on their feet then I can return" he says

"I'll come with you" I say as I start to get up but he pulls me back down.

"You can't, if we both go, who will plan our wedding? What about your classes with Layla?" He asks

"We can delay the wedding and the planning" I say as Alex shakes his head.

"Father plans on abdicating soon because he wants to see us rule over the kingdom. I want you to be able to have some time to adjust first to this public role as princess before we become king and queen and the responsibilities are so much higher"

"I don't want to be away from you but I would rather we do this now so you would have some time to adjust when the time comes for our reign. Besides we've done this before when you were still living in New York" he says

"I suppose you're right, but how am I supposed to plan for OUR wedding?"

"You decide what you want, I'll be fine with anything you choose as long as you're happy" he says with a smile and I smile back at him.

For the rest of the time we had we just stayed in our room, spending as much time as we can before he has to leave.

This whole thing has been very surprising and so sudden.

.....The Next Day.....

I woke up to the sound of my alarm. I turned off the alarm and just staired up at the ceiling as I think about everything that has happened.

Wondering if this is reality? Or is this some sort of dream.

"Will you be coming with me to the airport?" Alex asks as he comes out of the bathroom in a suit.

"Yes" I say as I get up and I walk towards the bathroom.

Before I get to walk past him to enter the bathroom he lightly pulls me towards him before he speaks "We can do this" he says as I nod and I enter the bathroom to get ready.

After I got changed I went out of the bathroom to Alex talking to David.

"I'll be out shortly" Alex says as David nods and closes the door.

"We have to get going already" Alex says

.....A Few Minutes Later......

Soon we made to the waiting cars outside. Edward, Victoria and George came out as well.

"Amelia are you coming to the airport?" Edward asks

"Yes" I say while Alex is talking to Victoria.

"George why don't you go with them?" Victoria asks "so Amelia won't be alone when she comes back"

"Sure" George replies while talking to Alex.

Soon we got in the car and headed towards the airport with Alex and I at the back and George in front.

.....A Few Minutes Later.....

It turns out people know that Alex will be going to the kingdom of Quarincia so there were already some papparazi here in the airport.

Alex will be taking the private plane as this is part of his job, to represent the crown in behalf of Edward and Victoria.

George will be staying in the car to avoid anyone from spotting him. While I will go with Alex.

"I'll call you when I land" he says as he cups my face and I hold his hands "I love you"

"I love you too" I say as I can't hold it inside me anymore and I feel a few tears slip out of my eyes as he wipes them away.

Everything really hits me that he will really be going away for we don't know how long.

It may seem dramatic to some, but I never expected that he would have to go away before we even got married.

"Don't cry love, we'll be together again soon" he says as he hugs me.

"Your Royal Highness, the plane's ready" One of the crew says.

"Give me a minute" Alex says and the guy nods before walking away from us.

"I've got to go, I'll call you as soon as I land, I love you" he says

"I love you too" I say and I lean forward to kiss him.

After we pull apart he places a kiss on my head and gives me one more hug before he walks off towards the plane.

I watch him as he goes up the stairs and waves at me before he enters and the door closes.

I take one more glance at the plane before I start to walk towards the car.

I spot the papparazzi as they start to approach me. I quickly put on my shades and keep my head low as they surrounf me and I rush to the car as questions are being thrown all around.

"Amelia how do you feel about Prince Alexander going to the kingdom of Quarincia?" One person asks

I enter the car and I notice George transfer to the back beside me.

"You good?" George asks as I nod and the car is driven back to the palace.

On the way back we remained silent as I look out through the window and watch as people go on with their normal lives.

.....A Few Hours Later.....

It's already night and we just finished dinner. Alex hasn't called me and I've been worrying since earlier.

I've been trying to call him but I can't reach him for some reason.

I decided to check the news if there is any news about him today.

I turn on the TV and I am greeted with a picture of Alex and a woman I don't recognize.

"Prince Alexander of Othilia has arrived in Quarincia a few hours ago to help the kingdom after suffering from a strong hurricane, here we see the prince arriving and being welcomed by Princess Charlotte of Quarincia" the news reporter announces.

I tried again to call him but this time he didn't answer my call.

He's probably busy, I'll just call him tomorrow, at least I know he arrived safely in Quarincia.

Author's Note:

Word Count: 1067

Hope you liked it.