Chapter 12

-----Amelia's POV-----

.....The Next Day.....

After Alex told me about George we just decided to stay in the hotel for the rest of the day.

I didn't like the fact that Alex hid the truth about his brother from me but I somehow understand why he did it.

Currently we are already on our way to wherever we are going.

Alex decided to drive while Jason and the rest of the security followed behind in a seperate car.

We would stop by somewhere once in a while to buy some food and to stretch.

We continued to drive for a few more hours until Alex finally announces that we have arrived.

I look around and I realise we are surrounded with thousands of lavender.

I stop for a short while realizing that we are in the Provence Lavender Fields.

I admire the thousands of lavender planted and I am left speechless at its beauty.

Suddenly I feel Alex place an arm on my waist as he leads the way. I bring out my phone from my bag and I take a lot of pictures around.

"Jason could you take a picture of us?" Alex asks as Jason nods and approaches us while Alex brings out his phone from his pocket.

We stand in the center and smile as Jason takes the picture.

....A Few Hours Later.....

After taking tons of pictures we decided it was time to head back to the hotel.

We enter the main door to our suite and we thank Jason along with the rest of the security before they left to retire for the night.

I take a seat on the couch until I notice a letter on the coffee table.

'Alexander'

"Was this letter here before we left?" I ask Alex as he sits beside me.

"No, but I know who it's from" he says with a smile before he reaches for the letter and he starts to open it.

"Who?" I ask while he opens the letter.

"George" he says and I nod before I decided to go on my phone and check my social media accounts.

It's a bit sad to think that I would have to delete all my accounts soon, despite each one being on private.

-----Alex' POV-----

I open the letter gently before I start to read the letter.

------------------------------------------------------------

Dear brother,

My sincere congratulations to you and Ms. Amelia Peterson on your engagement.

Since my last letter to you, I am proud to say that I am back to my old self again, before Alice even came.

Since my last letter I started seeing someone new, to be honest I think I've already fallen in love with her.

I heard you are in Paris. I was hoping we could meet with each other before you return to Othilia?

I know this is unexpected but since I met her, I've changed. I want us to be a family again together.

Below is an address to a nearby restaurant. I am hoping we could have dinner there tomorrow evening. I'll be waiting tomorrow evening at that address.

I ask that you not tell mother or father first and keep this between us until you return back to Othilia.

I hope I get to see you and meet your fiancèe soon.

- George

------------------------------------------------------------

I am left speechless at what I just read.

I stare at the letter for a few seconds before deciding to read it once more.

"Are you alright?" Amelia asks as she puts down her phone and faces me.

I hand over the letter to her and I get up and walk over to the balcony.

-----Amelia's POV-----

I read the letter and I am left in complete shock.

After what happened I can't believe what I just read from the letter.

I get up and I walk to the balcony and I srand beside Alex. We remian in silence for a few seconds until I decided to break that silence.

"Are you going tomorrow?" I ask

"I'm not sure" he says as he continues to just stand and look at the view.

"I think you should" I say as he turns to me for a while with a questioning look.

"It might both do you good to reconcile with one another and not just finding out things from the press"

"I suppose" he says as he pulls me in for a hug and kisses me on the head.

"Alright, we'll go" he say and I pull apart from him a bit to look at him.

"We?" I ask and he nods.

"That's what the letter says isn't it?"

"You both should meet together alone" I say but he shakes his head.

"No, he should also get to meet you, besides I wouldn't go if you're not coming with me" he says and all I can do is nod and agree to come with him.

.....The Next Day.....

We went around Paris and explored around the area during the day, before we decided to head back and get ready for dinner with George.

I decided to wear a black long sleeve blouse with denim jeans, while Alex decided to wear a black shirt with grey denim jeans.

We decided to go as casual as we can to avoid us being noticed by the papparazzi waiting outside the hotel.

"Are you ready?" Alex asks as I nod and we leave our room and go straight to the waiting car at the back of the hotel.

.....A Few Minutes Later.....

"Are you alright?" I ask Alex as he nods and continues to stare out the window.

"Yeah, this is just very unexpected"

"We've arrived, Your Highness" the driver says as Alex nods and we get out of the car.

When we enter the restaurant I notice a few people looking at us.

I hope my shades work in covering myself from the customers.

"Good evening Your Highness, how may I assist you today?" One of the staff asks Alex

"We have a reservation with a man named Michael" Alex says as the man nods and starts to lead us to George.

"Who's Michael?" I ask Alex as we continue to walk.

"A sort of code name that George and I use when we need to reserve something in public, We use it to avoid people for our own privacy" Alex explains

Author's Note:

Word Count: 1067

Hope you liked it.