Chapter 23

I tried to sleep but I was left tossing and turning until I decided to get up. I grabbed my phone and walked towards the kitchen to get a snack.

Before I place my hand on the door I notice it slightly open. I push the door and I enter the kitchen.

The light was on and sitting on top of one of the counters was George holding a pint of ice cream.

"What are you doing here at 2 in the morning with ice cream?" I ask as I enter and George looks at me.

"I was hungry, what about you?" he replies as I grab one for myself before sitting down beside him on the counter.

"I couldn't sleep" I reply as I start to eat the ice cream.

"It has something to do with Alex" he suddenly says as I turn to him.

"What do you mean?" I ask

"You weren't like this during dinner and everyone retired for bed early" he explains "so what happened?"

"Well, we were on a call until Charlotte came in the room and said she was sleeping in his room with him because her room is being renovated. I know Alex wouldn't do anything but I don't truly know her and I can't keep the thought out of my head" I explain

"Charlotte's been interested in Alex since we were little but I don't think Alex notices her as more than a childhood friend or he chooses to ignore her, but knowing Alex he wouldn't do anything to hurt you. The love you share with one another is very clear to anyone" he says as he pauses for a while "I noticed you both don't seem to be at the best of terms at the moment which is normal for everyone, but I want you to know that I believe you both can overcome this whole thing just have faith. Don't let her threaten you. Rememeber at the end of the day you're the one he proposed to not her" he says as I look up and I smile at him as we both get off the counter.

"Thank you George, that means a lot to me" I say as I hug him.

We pull apart as he starts to speak "You don't have to thank me I just want to see you both happy together" he says as I smile at him.

I quickly wash the spoon I used and return the ice cream before walking back to Alex

I glance at the nearby clock before I turn back to him "I better get to bed now it's late already" I say as he nods.

"Aren't you going yet?" I ask

"I'll have a bit more ice cream first" he says as I laugh at him as I walk out of the kitchen and back to bed.

.....Two Days Later......

Thankfully I have the day off today. Sophia, Maddie and Mark left yesterday afternoon as Mark was suddenly called in to work.

Alex and I haven't spoken aside from very brief text messages. Though he continues to try and call me but I don't feel ready to talk to him yet.

I check my phone to see a few missed calls and a message from Alex with a link...

'Call me' - A

I quickly press the link and I was left in complete shock with the article.

.........................................................................

"AMELIA PETERSON TOGETHER WITH PRINCE GEORGE"

Amelia Peterson (fiancè of Prince Alexander) was seen with Prince George of Othillia (Prince Alexander's younger brother).

The two were seen together, talking alone in the middle of the night until Amelia wrapped her arms around Prince George and embraced him as he reciprocated her actions.

Soon both pulled apart and continued their conversation for some time before Amelia walks out of the kitchen.

It is unknown when Prince George went back to Othillia and when he met Amelia. However, our source says that both met when Amelia and Prince Alexander went to Paris not long ago.

Our source also says Amelia and George are in love with one another and are said to be planning to overthrow Prince Alexander and become the next King and Queen consort of Othillia.

The palace hasn't said anything regarding the issue as people start to crowd outside the palace gates asking for a statement regarding the situation.

.........................................................................

I sat in silence for a few minutes as I stare at the article displayed on my phone screen.

Aside from the article that was posted, there were pictures about my conversation with George in the kitchen.

I started to call Alex and I didn't have to wait long as he answered almost immediately.

"Amelia what the hell is going on?!? You've barely spoken to me for days and now I see a picture of you and George in the kicthen in the middle of the night" he says the moment he answers the phone.

"It's a misunderstanding. Yes, George and I were in the kitchen but it was coincidence. I went to get a snack and he was also there"

"Why were you both hugging one another?" He asks

"He gave me advice and I thanked him for it" I reply as he remains silent.

"Advice for what?" He asks as I shut my eyes for a moment deciding wether to tell him or not.

"Advice about...us" I hesitatntly say

"So you weren't doing anything they were saying?" He states but it sounded more like a question.

"No, I wouldn't ever dream of ruining what we have just to become Queen. I could live anywhere and do anything, as long as I have you then that's good enough for me"

"I'm sorry for doubting you" he says

"I may not like that you doubted me but I understand why you would think of such a thing with the pictures and all. Though there is nothing more we can do now than to trust each other next time and move on from this chapter"

"I promise to never doubt you again" he says as we remain silent after for a few minutes as I get up and I look out at the window to see the crowds forming outside the palace gates.

"Amelia just tell me what's truly going on? why you've been distancing yourself? This rift that is going on is getting bigger by the day and we can't solve this if we don't talk about it" he says and I wait a moment before replying.

"Okay...it's about..." I start to speak until there's a knock on the door.

Author's Note:

Word Count: 1108

Hope you liked it.