Chapter 31

When we returned home I went straight to my room. After I got the letter that Alex left a while ago.

I close the door shut before placing my things on the bed as I sit on the floor, thinking once more.

A part of me has this hope that there still could be an 'us', but thinking about what I saw. It gives me doubts about our future.

I think for a few more minutes before deciding to pull myself together. I lightly throw my phone on the bed as I get up and it lands on top of his letter.

I contemplate wether to open it now or wait. Yet something urged me to open the letter.

I grab the letter and I walk over to the desk before taking a seat on the nearby chair and I take a deep breath before opening the letter and reading it.

.........................................................................

'Dear Amelia,

I know you probably don't want to see or hear from me but I hope you will let me explain. By the time you read this I suspect it would be after we meet in the park. Knowing you, you would just ignore me as long as you can, like you've done these past few days, I DON'T blame you for that. I understand why you chose to do it and I respect your decision.

In case there's a turn of events to what is planned. Here's my quick explanation, I never kissed Charlotte. She was the one who initiated the whole thing.

I would never risk losing everything we had just to be with a princess who only wishes to be Queen.

You're the only one for me, the only person I will ever truly love, the only person I see my future with and the only person I want ruiling with me.

However, if you still don't believe me and you really think it was I, who initiated the kiss...then, I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me.

No matter what you decide to do after reading this, please know that I will always love you. Wether we have a future together or not. I love you.

                                                       - Alex
.........................................................................

.....A Few Days Later.....

I glance at myself once more in front of the mirror before taking a deep breath and walking out of my room.

"Where are you going?" Mom asks

"Just going to take a walk" I explain

"Is Abby going with you?" Mom asks as we descend down the stairs.

"No, I just want some time alone to myself" I say as she nods.

.....A Few Minutes Later.....

I park the car in front of the restaurant, before grabbing my bag and walking inside.

"Good afternoon ma'am, Table for how many?" The lady asks as I enter.

"Is there a table reserved under the name, Michael?" I ask as she nods.

You must be Ms. Peterson?" She asks and this time I nod.

She leads me to a table slightly hidden at the end of the restaurant.

I didn't want to lie to my mom but I don't want anyone knowing about this first until it's done.

I take a seat across and we are quickly given the menu. We order our meals and as the waiter leaves we stay silent.

"How are you?" Alex asks breaking the silence as I look at him.

"Fine" I say and we stay silent again.

"I suppose you're here to give your decision about us?" He slowly asks.

"Yes" I say "I read your letter and I believe you but..." I look away for a moment before turning back to him and I see the sadness in his eyes.

"But?" He quietly asks

"But, If we're pushing through with the wedding, I want both of us to plan it" I say with a smile.

I watch his expression change from sadness to a smile so bright. He doesn't say anything but gets up and hugs me.

"Thank you" he quietly says.

.....A Few Days Later.....

Today we are going back to Othillia. Alex and I spent the last few days going around and thankfully no one noticed us here in New York.

However some noticed him missing in Quarincia when he was supposed to attend an engagement with Charlotte.

Edward released a statement saying Alex had urgent matters to attend to and had to cut his trip short.

Alex promised to stay in Othillia until we get married. Quarincia has managed to get back on their feet already so it was fine.

After King Henry and Queen Alexandra found out about what Charlotte did they immediately apologised and wished us well on our upcoming marriage.

"We will see you soon" Mom says as she approaches me and hugs me.

Alex and I will be going now while my family will be going in a few days.

After a few more minutes we get in the car that will take us back to Othillia.

We sit in silence while looking out the window until Alex intertwines our hands together and I look up at him with a smile as he smiles back at me.

I lean my head on his shoulder as he lifts our hands and kisses mine.

"I love you" he says while looking at me with a smile.

"I love you too" I say as I look up at him with a smile mirroring his.

......A Few Hours Later.....

"Your Royal Highness, Ms. Peterson, we've arrived. Welcome back" Jason says with a smile.

We quickly walk to the waiting car and soon we are on our way back to the palace.

People watch as we drive through the streets back to the palace. It isn't hard to identify the car, seeing as we have some escorts with us.

When we spot the palace we see people waiting outside the palace gates. They cheer as we wave at them.

The gates open and we enter. We get down from the car and we walk towards the inside, away from the cameras and people.

Author's Note:

Hope you liked it.

Word Count: 1021