Chapter 14

Mary and I continue to wait while Alex and George are talking outside.

"Do you know what it's about?" I ask

"No, he didn't say anything about this" she says

"How long will you be here in Paris?" I ask as we wait.

"I'll be flying out tonight. I can't be away from my job for too long" she says as I nod.

We wait a few more minutes until finally they both return with smiles on their faces.

"Everything alright?" I ask Alex as he sits down beside me.

"Yes, everything's wonderful" he says with a smile as he places a kiss on my cheek.

"George wanted to show us around, if you don't mind?" Alex says

"Sure, that would be nice" I say and within a few minutes we were already walking around Paris.

First we went to the Seine river cruise for about an hour and a half. After we went to different places around the city.

.....A Few Hours Later.....

We just made it back to the hotel and I am tired to say the least.

George and Mary had to go already so we decided to return to the hotel.

Currently I am on my laptop doing some research about George and Sophia's relationship. I know I shouldn't be doing this and it's all in the past but I can't help myself. I just need to know a little. Just a little and I am going straight to bed.

The door to the bathroom opens and Alex comes out and walks towards the bed.

"What are you doing?" He asks as he sits beside me on his side.

"Nothing, just some research" I say as I move my laptop away from his view.

"What's the research about?" He asks as he tries to look at my laptop.

"Nothing" I say as he puts his hand on my shoulder making me face him.

"You saying nothing means something and we both know that, so...what are you researching about?" He asks once more and waits for my answer.

"Sophia and George" I say quickly hoping he doesn't understand what I said and he would just let it go.

"Why?" He asks

"I'm just curious why Sophia never mentioned anything about this to Maddie and I"

"Did it occur to you that perhaps she has a reason why she didn't want to tell neither one of you?" He says as I think about what he says carefully.

"I'm sure she wouldn't want you researching about her relationship with George. Just let her tell you when she chooses"

I think for a few seconds before I speak "Perhaps you're right, she will tell us when she is ready" I say as he nods.

"Now, what do you say we stop researching about Sophia and George?" Alex asks as I nod with a chuckle as he closes my laptop and puts it on the nearby table before returning to the bed.

He wraps his arms around me and pulls me closer to him as I lay my head on his chest. We remain in silence for sometime before he speaks.

"George plans to visit Othilia" he says as I slightly pull apart and I look directly at him.

"He told you?" I ask as he nods with a smile and I smile back before laying down again.

"When does he plan on going?" I ask

"He was asking if he could go with us when we return, I told him I would ask you first if you're fine with that"

"I'm fine with George coming, did you tell your parents?" I ask as he shakes his head 'no'.

"We decided not to tell them and let it be a surprise when we arrive" he says as I nod.

After talking for an hour or so we decided to sleep already and recharge for the next day.

.....Two Days Later.....

Today we will be heading back to Othilia with George.

I will definitely miss Paris. I hope to return again someday.

Yesterday we went to the different museums and sights to see around the city then George joined us for dinner.

Mary has already returned safely to Canada and is back at work, according to George.

I continue to admire the view of the city from the balcony until there's a knock on the door.

"I'll get it" Alex says as he walks out of the room.

Soon he returns "George is waiting for us in the car" he says as I nod.

"Let me just check if we packed everything" I say as I close the balcony door and I check around the room to make sure we packed everything.

.....A Few Minutes Later.....

We arrive in the airport with George and we wait for the plane to start boarding.

"I'm buying coffee, do you guys want anything?" Alex asks George and I as he gets up from his seat.

"Just a bottle of water for me" I say as Alex nods and turns to George.

"I'll have an americano" George says as Alex nods and places a kiss on my cheek before going to the nearby cafe.

"Do you both have any plans on the date of the wedding?" George asks

"We're still in the process of planning everything for the wedding and I'm still not yet done with my classes with Mrs. Collin" I say

"Mrs Collin? As in Layla Collin?" He asks with his eyes wide.

"Yes, do you know her?" I ask

"Yes, she was my teacher before. Is she still strict?" He asks

"Yes, quite so" I say as we both laugh until someone clears their throat. I turn to see Alex standing with our drinks.

"Why the hell would you choose Mrs. Collin to be her teacher?" George asks as he laughs.

"It wasn't my choice, It was mother who brought Mrs. Collin back" Alex says as he hands George and I our drinks.

We talk with each other until it is time for us to board the plane.

Author's Note:

Word Count: 1015

Hope you liked it.