Chapter 34

We left the palace in the early hours of the morning. Abby's driving while I sit in front as well.

Behind us Maddie and Sophia are seated beside each other followed by Mary and Margaret right behind them.

"Look there's a weekend market over there" Maddie says while pointing to a market nearby.

"Let's take a look" I say as she nods eagerly while I glance at Abby as she nods and starts to park the car.

Security is quite a distance away from us in a seperate car. Unfortunately we couldn't leave without security.

"Let's go" Mary says as Abby finishes parking the car and we all get out off the car.

We walk towards the market to find many interesting items including food, clothes and many more.

We walked around for a few minutes before deciding to have lunch here before continuing our drive.

"Margaret and I will get some food while you could get a spot for us to sit down and eat" Abby says as everyone nods and we walk off.

While looking for a spot I notice a familliar face in the crowd causing me to stop walking.

Natalie

What is she doing here?

"Amelia" Mary calls out making me look towards them seated by a table.

I nod before I turn back to the crowd, but Natalie is gone.

"Are you alright?" Mary asks as she approaches me while Sophia and Maddie watch us.

"Did you see Natalie?" I ask as she glances around before looking back at me as she shakes her head 'no'.

"No, why?" She asks

"I saw her in the crowd a while ago" I explain as she glances around again.

"Do you want to leave?" She asks as I immediately shake my head 'no'.

"No, it probably just looks like Natalie" I say before walking towards the table.

"You good?" Sophia asks as we take a seat across them.

"Yeah" I reply as Abby and Margaret appear with our food and we all eat.

.....A Few Hours Later.....

"We're here" Mary says as she stops the car in a...parking lot?

After lunch Mary decided to do the driving for the rest of the remaining hours left in our travel.

"What are we going to do here?" I ask her as the others start to head down the car with their things.

"You will see, just get your things" she says before getting hers and walking out of the car.

I quickly gather mine before doing the same. We all start walking with Abby leading the way.

Soon we stop in a private beach?

"Are we going camping or something?" I ask as abby shakes her head 'no' before pointing to a yacht at the side.

I stay in shock as she continues to move towards the waiting yacht. This is definitely something I didn't expect.

We quickly enter the boat and we start to find our rooms. With the girls entering and exiting each other's room.

Mary and I in one room, Sophia and Maddie in one and Abby and Margaret in another.

.....A Few Hours Later.....

We are currently waiting for the others to finish taking a shower after we went snorkeling for the afternoon.

By others I specifically mean Sophia.

"I'm done" Sophia announces as we all get up from the couch and walk to the dining area for dinner.

We all take our seats and as our food is being served light conversation fills silence of the night.

"Lia, Have you been enjoying?" Abby asks while looking at me.

"I am, although I have no idea how you thought of the whole thing"

"Actually it was Sophia's idea" she says before turning to Sophia "How did you think of this?"

"I remember Amelia said she wanted to go snorkeling and I thought that there would be a very little chance that she would get to do that once she's part of the royal family so why not do it now" Sophia explains

"Well, it was a wonderful idea" Maddie says as we all agree and we start to eat our dinner.

.....A Few Hours Later.....

After dinner we played a bit of truth or dare before deciding to go to bed.

I unfortunately couldn't fall asleep so I just decided to head out to the deck of the yacht.

I look up at the stars and the moon as I remeber the night Alex and I first went to the palace gardens.

Who would've thought? that summer vacation would change my life.

"I didn't know you were here" Sophia says bringing me out of my thoughts.

"I couldn't sleep" I explain as she approaches me.

"Are you ready for the wedding?"

"...I don't know" I quietly reply as we stare out in silence at the water surrounding the boat.

"It's alright to be scared" she says "this is a huge step in your life"

"I guess, I just didn't fully realize how much things will change"

"No matter what happens, we're here for you" she says as she smiles.

"Thank you" I say as she hugs me.

"Well, we better get to bed if we want to wake up early tomorrow" she says as we pull apart from the hug.

"You go ahead, I'd like to stay out for a few more minutes" I explain

"Okay, night" she says as she starts to walk back inside.

"Night" I say and not long after I hear the door shut.

I wonder--

"You know, things would've been so much easier if you just stayed away from the beginning" a voice says as I turn around to see Natalie holding a dagger a few feet away from me.

"You stole everything away from me" she says as she moves closer while I try to find an escape.

"Now, it's my turn" she says as she tries pierce the dagger through me. Luckily I get to move away before it makes any contact with me.

I grab my hand with the dagger as I try to grab it away from her but she quickly advances and tries to hit me with her hands instead.

In the process of it all I didn't realize how far we've gotten off deck, until I lost balance and we both fell into the ice cold water.

I try to swim up but she quickly pushes me down with both her hands. The dagger was thrown somehwere with all the fighting.

I continue to try to swim up with all the strengh I can get, but to no avail. Soon I slowly feel myself loosing consciousness.

"Amelia!"

Author's Note:

Hope you like it.

Sorry I've not been updating lately. I've been very busy these past few days.

Word Count : 1126