Chapter 30

I get up from the bench without sparing a glance at him. I start to walk away while he follows and calls me.

"Amelia wait!" He says approaching me.

I rush my steps and I continue walking away from him. While he follows a few steps behind me.

"Hold on! Let me explain" He says

I continue to ignore him while walking further away from him. Until I felt his hand on my arm, stopping me from walking away.

"Let go of me!" I say while I try to release my hand from his grip.

"No! Let me explain first" he says

"I don't want your explanation. It's crystal clear what I saw in that room!" I say while I continue to try and pull away from him.

"That's not what happened! It's all a misunderstanding! I would never kiss her or anyone else" he argues

"Well, that's not what I saw back in Quarincia" I say

"Just let me tell you what happened! From my point of view"

"I said I don't-" I say until I get cut off.

"If you ever loved me. I ask you now to listen to my explanation" he says directly looking at me "and if you don't believe me after that...I'll leave, but please know that I will always love you, even if we wouldn't be together anymore"

We stare quietly at each other not bothering to say a single word until he speaks again.

"Please just let me explain. If you still don't believe me after...then at least I know that I tried" he says quietly and I think for a moment before I nod.

He gestures to a nearby bench and we quietly take a seat before he starts.

"I never kissed Charlotte. She was the one who kissed me" he says while looking at me.

"Then why didn't pull way from her?" I ask while I stare at him.

"I was caught off guard but the moment I realized what she was doing I pushed her away immediately"

"Why were your hands on her arms?"

"She got dizzy and she almost fell. I just helped her until she regained her balance and before I could move away she kissed me" he says as he looks away for a moment.

"This isn't the first time this happened, this exact thing happened before with Natalie! How do I know it won't happen again?"

"I promise I'll never meet her alone ever again. I just never thought she would do such a thing" he says "I know that she's been trying to make advances towards me over the years but I didn't think she would kiss someone engaged, or at least was engaged"

We stay silent as we stare into the distance while I think of what I should do next and what my future holds.

I love Alex but this is the second time this happened, how do I know it won't happen with somebody else this time?

"Please, Amelia. I never meant for you to get hurt. If I could turn back time and change that moment, I would in an instant"

"But you can't" I say quietly without glancing at him.

"I know" he says as he runs his fingers through his hair while looking away from my direction.

"I need time and space to think all this through" I say as I watch him nod.

"I understand. I'll wait until you're ready" he says as I nod and we both stood up.

"I better get going now" I say as he nods with sadness in his eyes.

"I'll wait" he says and I nod before turning and walking away to find Abby.

"Lia! I've been looking for you" Abby says approaching me while holding two cups of melted ice cream.

"Could we go now?" I ask as she hesitantly nods and looks at me questioningly.

Soon we're seated in the car silently, not bothering to utter a single word. While I stare out the window I think about what Alex said and wether or not we still have chance together.

Yes, I will always love him in some way. No matter what happens he would always have a special place in my heart, but with all that's happened. I can't help but wonder. Could there still be an us? Or is this the universe telling us that we are not meant to be together?

"I have to admit something" she suddenly says as she slowly stops the car in front of the stop light before turning to me.

"I told Alex we would be in the park"

"What!?!" I exclaim with my eyes wide in shock about her statment.

She set the whole thing up!

"Why did you do it?" I ask the moment I regained myself.

"He kept on calling my number and I just ignored it all, after what Mom and Dad said about condition you were in when you arrived at the house"

"I kept on ignorin until he was calling one time and I answered it" she explains "he sounded so desperate to speak with you. All he was asking was to speak with you to clear things up"

"I'm sorry, I did not tell you. It's just that...I see how happy he makes you, how your eyes light up whenever he's with you, how much you both love each other and I couldn't let you both loose that love for one another, knowing that an opportunity to clear things up was presented" she says looking at me as tears start to form back in my eyes.

"He told me what happened and I told myself, why not? So I told him we would be in the park" she says as she places her hand on top of mine that lay on my bag before looking back at me.

"Amelia I know you still love him and perhaps you would be able to find it in your heart to forgive him for something he never planned or wanted to happen"

Before she could speak any futher a car behinds us honks and we both look back at the car before laughing as I wipe the tears away and she starts driving again.

As we drive through the busy streets, I think of everything Abby said and I realize how right everything she said is, but could I forgive him after everthing?

Author's Note:

Word Count: 1078

Hope you liked it.