Chapter 8

.....A Few Hours Later.....

Alex and Edward are still busy with the meeting. In the meantime Victoria and I decided to go riding today.

Victoria and I take one horse each and hop on and start walking around in a calm pace while admiring the beauty of nature around us.

Thankfully we were able to leave without the guards. It may not seem right for the queen to be out with any guards but Victoria insisted on it and the guards couldn't do anything but obey to her.

It wasn't a very big deal because we are still on palace property just far from the palace itself. Hopefully nobody will spot us for the rest of the day.

We did however go off course...

"The view is spectacular isn't it?" Victoria asks as she gets off her horse and walks towards the cliff.

"It is" I say get off of my horse and I pet both horses until I turn to Victoria to see a portion of the cliff slowly start to fall off.

"Victoria!" I call out as she turns around to face me while I run towards her.

Before she gets to run away from the cliff she's standing at it starts to fall along with her.

I rush towards her and I grab her hand just in time, while the once part of the cliff she was standing on was now gone and into the water down below.

We are both left staring at each other in shock as she continues to hold onto my hand and I lift her up and she thanks me.

I realize the horses are gone from their spot. I look around a bit more and I don't spot them anywhere near.

"Victoria... the horses are gone" I say as she looks around and her eyes widen.

"They must've been frightened when the cliff fell" Victoria says.

I get my phone from my pocket but sadly there's no signal here.

"We have a phone, but we don't have any signal" I say as Victoria checks her phone.

"It seems I left my phone back in the palace" she says

"Maybe if we walk around we might be able to find a spot with some signal, then we can call Alex or Edward" I say and we start to walk around the area.

.....One Hour Later.....

"Here" I says from a not so far distance from the cliff.

I call Aled and she waits beside me while the phone rings, after a few seconds Alex finally picks up.

-----Alex' POV-----

We just finished the meeting when my phone starts ringing.

I bring it out from my pocket to see Amelia calling me.

"Alex we n--d--el--p" she says though it seems she doesn't have good signal, before I get to speak the line cuts off. I try to call her back but I can't reach her phone.

"Everything alright?" Father asks as he approaches me.

"No, Amelia called just now saying something, I think she needed help and the line cut off, now I can't calk her back" I say as I try to call back her number.

I start to panick wondering where she is, knowing that this was something simillar the day she got kidnapped. However I try to remain calm because we are in public and I don't need the media knowing.

"She didn't say where she is?" He asks as I shake my head 'no'.

"Let me call your mother, she said they would be together" he says as he calls her number.

"That's odd" he says as he calls her "She's not answering her phone"

The fear in me is getting stronger not only is it Amelia but also my mother.

"I'll call David and ask where they are" I say as we enter the car to head back to the palace.

.....A Few Seconds Later.....

"Does David know where they are?" Father asks while the car rushes towards the palace.

"Sort of, he said they went riding" I say "I had him send out some search parties so we can find them right away"

While we rush through the busy streets of the kingdom I notice that the sun is already setting.

We have to find them right away.

.....A Few Minutes Later.....

We arrive and we rush towards the stables to grab a horse.

Before we get to exit two guards return with two hores with them.

"Your Majesty, Your Highness, we found the horses of the Her Majesty and Ms. Peterson" One guard says.

"Where did you find them?" I ask as both of them led the way to where they found the horses.

It's already night and my father and I continue to search for them together with the palace guards.

The longer we take the more it makes the whole thing feel like a replay of the night she was kidnapped. I hope this time I won't just find her things but find her and my mother as well.

-----Amelia's POV-----

After the call ended Victoria and I tried to think of a way to get back but we're quite a distance away from the palace and we have no idea what we might face on the way back so we just decided to stay here where there were barely any animals.

We waited until we noticed the sun already setting and we started a campfire to warm ourselves because it was a bit chilly.

We continue to keep on trying to call Alex or Edward, even the palace but we can't seem to get any signal anywhere.

-----Alex' POV-----

We continue to search with some flashlights and we even have the cops helping us out already.

The darker it gets, the colder it gets as well. It's not that cold but they don't really have much to cover themselves from the cold air.

"Your Majesty, Your Highness we spot a bit of light at that part, we will be heading there to check if they could've possibly gone there" one of the cops say as he points towards a part where there is that faint glow of light.

"We will be coming as well" father says and they nod, knowing they have no choice or any say in the matter.

After a few minutes we finally hear two people talking and I rush leaving them all behind as my father and the rest of the group just follow us.

Author's Note:

Word Count: 1088

Hope you liked it.