Chapter 17

I woke up to the sound of my phone ringing. I immediately sit up, hoping it is Alex calling me at this time.

'Sophia' the caller ID says.

I felt a bit disapointed that it wasn't Alex calling me.

"Hello" I say as I answer the phone.

"Guess where I am?" Sophia asks excitedly.

"New York" I say as I get up from bed and I head to the bathroom.

"Nope" she replies

"Where?" I ask as I fix my messy hair.

"I'm in Othillia" she slightly shouts.

"What are you doing here?" I ask her.

"I decided to visit with Maddie and Mark decided to come along" she explains.

"Where are you now?" I ask as I exit the bathroom.

"Outside your room" she says and I rush out to spot the three of them standing in the hallway.

We all hug and greet each other before I invited them in the room.

"So where is Alex?" Maddie asks as they sit on the couch.

"You guys don't know?" I ask as they both shook their heads.

"He went to Quarincia to help out after the hurricane" I say

"When will he return?" Sophia asks

"We don't know yet, he left yesterday"

Suddenly there's a knock on the door. I excuse myself as I head to the door.

"Ms. Peterson, Their Majesties wish to see you for breakfast" Liam says

"I'll be there shortly" I say as he nods and walks away as I close the door.

"Does Edward and Victoria know you're here?" I ask the three of them.

"Yes, I called them a few days ago and we met them before we went here" Sophia explains as I nod.

"I'll quickly get ready then we can go have breakfast" I say as they nod and I get my clothes before heading to the bathroom.

.....A Few Minutes Later.....

We go outside to the terrace where Victoria, Edward and George are seated.

I suddenly remembered George and Sophia are here.

We all take our seat and I closely watch Sophia and George.

I notice George looking at her while she talks to Edward.

"Amelia have you spoken to Alex already?" Victoria asks causing everyone to look at me.

"No, not yet, he's probably busy" I say as she looked surprise for a while but quickly covers it up then nods her head.

We continue breakfast with a bit of conversation here and there.

.....One Hour Later.....

We just finished breakfast and we are walking back to the room.

"Ms. Peterson where do you think you're going? We have class today" Mrs. Collin asks from behind us.

Shit! I forgot I had classes with her today and now I am obviously late.

"Oh, I apologize it slipped my mind, you see my friends from New York came over, I'll be there shortly" I say as she hesitantly nods before leaving us.

"Is that the teacher you were talking about?" Maddie asks

"Yes, that was Mrs. Collin" I say

"Ms. Peterson the rooms are ready for your guests" Liam says as he approaches us.

"Thank you Liam" I say as he nods

"Would you all want to got to your rooms first? While I have my class with Mrs. Collin?" I ask as they agree.

"Liam could you bring them to their rooms?" I ask

"Of course" he says as he leads them to their rooms and I head to my class.

.....A Few Hours Later.....

I just finished my class and it was hard to focus while I think about Alex.

I know he reached Quarincia in perfect condition but why didn't he call? He's probably just busy. I just can't seem to ease my mind until he calls me or anyone in this palace.

On my way to Sophia and Maddie's room my phone rings.

I looked at the caller ID and I smiled with excitement.

"Hello" I say as I answer the phone.

"Hey, can we video call? I want to see you" Alex says

"Sure" I reply

"Alright, I'll call you" he says as he ends the call.

I decided to enter the closest sitting room for some privacy.

My phone rings and I quickly answer it and I see Alex as I smile at him.

"Hey, I'm sorry I wasn't able to call yesterday, it is very busy here" Alex says

"I thought of that, when you weren't answering or calling, anyways how have you been?" I ask with a smile as I take a seat on the couch.

"I've been good, and you?" He asks

"Good so far, I just finisbed my class with Mrs. Collin and I was on my way to meet Sophia, Maddie and Mark"

"They're in Othilia?" He asks surprised.

"Yes, they surprised me this morning" I say but before I can say anything else the door opens and Victoria comes in.

"Oh Amelia, I didn't know you were here" she says as she notices me.

"I am talking to Alex, would you like to speak with him?" I ask and she nods and approaches me.

She takes a seat beside me and I hand my phone to her so she can be seen by Alex.

"Alex you got us all worried, especially Amelia, when you didn't call any of us when you arrived there. We had to find out that you made it to Quarincia safely through the news" Victoria says

"I apologize for not informing any of you, it was very busy when I landed here and I didn't have time to call yesterday" Alex explains and Victoria nods.

"That's alright but you keep us updated about what's going on there" she says

"I will" Alex says as Victoria nods and hands me back my phone then she gets up from the couch.

"I'll give you both some privacy, I have some work to do" Victoria says as I nod and she leaves the room.

"Do you have anything planned for today?" I ask him

"None so far-" he says but then there was a knock on the door "hold on, I'll be back" he says and I nod.

I hear him talk to someone but the conversation is unclear.

I wait a few more seconds until he returns back in front of his phone.

"Love, I have to go. It seems we have a sudden visit to the affected families today" he explains and all I can do is nod.

"I'll call you tonight, I promise" he says

"Okay, take care, I love you" I say

"Take care as well and I love you too" he says and ends the call.

It seems this is how everything will be like for the next month or so.

Author's Note:

Word Count: 1128

Hope you liked it.