Chapter 39

"Who?" I ask as he takes a deep breath before turning to me.

"Natalie and Charlotte"

"How?" I ask while I remain in shock.

"Our security caught some of their people and it didn't take long for them to reveal where Natalie and Charlotte were" he says and pauses for a moment as we hear the sound of birds in the distance.

"Moving forward" he begins as he places his hand by my shoulder and we start to walk inside "I was thinking we stay in our property for a few weeks, once all this is over"

"Well, that sounds lovely" I say as we enter the room and he closes the balcony doors.

"So it's settled?" He asks with a smile.

"Yes" I say as I lean forward to kiss him.

Ater we pull apart he places his glass down on the coffee table before going to the closet.

I take a seat and turn on the TV just as he walks out of the closet and walks over to the bathroom door.

"I'll be quick, father's already waiting for us in his office" he explains as I nod and he enters.

.....A Few Minutes Later.....

We enter his office and notice our parents. Edward is seated by his desk, Victoria is standing beside while reading a document and my parents seated on the couch.

"I assume you both have been informed already?" Edward asks as we enter and we take a seat across my parents.

"Yes, have they been interrogated?" Alex asks as he looks to Edward who nods his head before speaking.

"Yes, but before we do anything else I shall speak to Henry about this" he explains as we all nod.

"What time will you both be leaving for your honeymoon?" Dad asks as I turn to Alex for a moment before facing him.

"Actually I was thinking we delay it first" I say as Victoria puts down the document as she places her full attention on us.

"Why?" She asks as she approaches us.

"With all that's been happening lately, I think we should resolve it first. I don't assume anyone would be happy if we left on the same day as the attack"

"Well you have a point" Victoria says "How long do you plan on delaying it?"

"We could delay it by a week, then throughout the week we could visit those affected" Alex says as Victoria nods once more.

We continue to talk about the plans for the entire week, including the plans for our reception.

.....The Next Day.....

I fix my outfit once more before we walk out of our room. We walk towards the main entrance where Victoria and Edward wait for us.

"Are you both ready?" Edward asks

"Yes" I say and Edward nods.

"You both will be going first, since we're going to different areas, we thought it best if you both go out first so the people see you. We will be leaving in a few minutes as well" Victoria explains as we nod before we walk out to the waiting car.

Alex and I will be visiting two hospitals while Edward and Victoria will be visiting one because they have to be back early due to a meeting.

.....A Few Minutes Later.....

We make it to our first destination. We get out of the car as we are greeted by the hospitals top doctors.

Once all the greetings are done, we talk about the patients we will be seeing as we walk towards the entrance while the press continues to take lots of pictures.

"Some of them were shot, some were ran over in all the chaos, and some passed out due to shock" the doctor explains as she opens the door and leads the way.

"Luckily, everyone brought here survived and are recovering" she explains before we enter the room filled with people of different ages.

Alex and I walk over to the first person on the right side where a woman is seated on the hospital bed.

She tries to get up as she notices us approaching her, however Alex is quick to stop her as he signals and she nods.

"Your Royal Highnesses, it's an honour to meet you" she says with a smile.

"The honour is ours" I say as I smile back at her "What's your name?"

"Valentina, Valentina Bennet"

"Well, it's lovely to meet you Valentina" I say as I shake her hand and Alex does the same.

"How have you been?" Alex asks

"Just a few bruises, some people accidentally bumped me before I passed out on the side" she explains "Thankfully, I'll be getting discharged in a few hours"

"That's nice to hear" Alex replies as she nods before speaking.

"Yes, although I wish I could still stay for a few more days" she explains

"You're leaving already?" I ask

"Yes, I came here with my husband, to watch your wedding. Might I say, it was a wonderful wedding before all the shooting" she says as we thank her.

After about two minutes a man appears and approaches us. Valentina notices him as she waves him over.

"This is my husband, Gabriel" she says

"Your Royal Highnesses" Gabriel says as he bows before he walks over to Valentina and places a bag beside her.

"Gabriel, may I speak to you for a moment?" Alex asks as he nods and they both walk away from us.

"Would you know why he wishes to speak to Gabriel?" Valentina asks

"No, I'm afraid not, but I don't think it's anything bad" I say as she nods.

"So how long have you two been matries already?" I ask

"We've been married for two years already, it will be three in a few months" she says as she smiles again.

"I'm assume you had a beautiful wedding?" I ask as she nods as her smile widens.

"It was, it was also very private, Just us, our families, and a few friends" she says "I'm not really a fan of huge crowds so we decided not to make it too extravagant"

"Neither am I when I started dating Alexander, but after some time I got used to it"

"Well, people really looked forward to your wedding, there hasn't been a day that I didn't hear your names mentioned on tv in the past two weeks" she says as I laugh "speaking about your wedding, did you design your gown? I just love the way it looks"

"Thank you. To begin with, It was sketched out and shown to me but I didn't really like the look so I decided to make a few changes" I explain

Before she could respond, Alex and Gabriel returned. Gabriel approaches Valentina while Alex and I stand at the side.

"Much as we would like to talk some more, we have other people to meet as well, so we better get going" Alex explains and after saying our goodbyes to Valentina and Gabriel, we begin to walk away.

"Your Royal Highness?" Gabriel calls out as I turn around to face him, while I notice Alex speaking to the next patient, Gabriel seems to hesitate for a moment before he continues "Do you know who ordered the shooting?"

Author's Note:

Word Count: 1217

Hope you liked it.