Chapter 37

We started walking as the guests stood up and watched us with smiles on their faces. While walking I smile more as I see our friends and family.

We had to invite some foreign royals and other people I don't know due to tradition, but this is still our wedding and what matters most is that our friends and family are here to celebrate today with us.

After some time I finally see Alex standing by the altar as we smile at each other, and not long after I stand beside him.

.....A Few Minutes Later.....

I barely notice the ceremony go by as I got lost in thought midway, due to my happiness.

Once in a while Alex and I would turn to each other at the exact moment and we would just smile as we try to stop ourselves from laughing.

Until we finally reached the time for the wedding vows...

A/N: The vows are the same ones used during the wedding of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.

"Alexander Philipe Edward Louis, wilt thou have this woman to thy wedded wife, to live together according to God's law in the holy estate of matrimony? Wilt thou love her, comfort her, honour and keep her, in sickness and in health; and, forsaking all other, keep thee only unto her, so long as ye both shall live?"

"I will" Alex replies

"Amelia Grace, wilt thou have this man to thy wedded husband, to live together according to God's law in the holy estate of matrimony? Wilt thou love him, comfort him, honour and keep him, in sickness and in health; and, forsaking all other, keep thee only unto him, so long as ye both shall live?"

"I will" I reply

Not long after Alex was holding my hand as the Archbishop speaks and Alex repeats after.

"I, Alexander Philipe Edward Louis, take thee, Amelia Grace to my wedded wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse: for richer, for poorer; in sickness and in health; to love and to cherish, till death us do part, according to God's holy law; and thereto I give thee my troth."

After it was my turn as the Archbishop begins to speak and I repeat.

"I, Amelia Grace, take thee, Alexander Philipe Edward Louis, to my wedded husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse: for richer, for poorer; in sickness and in health; to love and to cherish, till death us do part, according to God's holy law; and thereto I give thee my troth."

Not long after we found ourselves walking out of the Abbey. Followed by our family right behind us.

The moment we reached the doors the crowds started to cheer as we paused for a moment and smiled at them.

Then an open carriage, escorted by guards arrived. Alex entered first and helped me get up. The door is closed as we settle in and we begin the ride back to the palace.

We wave at the crowds as they cheer louder while waving back at us, as others continue to take pictures on both sides of the street.

This is all we saw and heard for a few minutes until we heard the sound of gunshots not so far away.

Suddenly all the noise was gone as peope frantically looked around the area, including the guards.

I turn to Alex for a moment as he turns to me and we look at each other for a moment before another shot sounds.

Then the coachman in front of us collapsed and I noticed his blood seeping through his clothes.

Alex noticed it as well yet before he could say anything else, everyone around us was gettting shot.

The horses started rushing off in a panic as the crowd started running in different dirctions filled with people screaming in different directions.

Alex tried to reach for the reigns but we were moving too fast, making it harder to reach as the shots continued from different directions.

I looked up and I noticed some men in black shooting from buildings, trees and other places.

Suddenly a guard on a horse reached us and grabbed the reigns to stop the horses.

When he finally stops the horse he quickly gets down from his horse and strats to get up tot he carriage when I hear someone shouting.

I turn around to see a little girl calling out for her parents as tears stream down her face while she walks around, searching for them.

I notice the guard has managed to get up as I stop him from moving the carrige before rushing out.

"Amelia" I hear Alex call out as I rush to the girl by the sidewalk.

She notices me as she gasps before she curtsies in front of me while tears continue to stream down her face.

"Hey, you don't have to do that" I say as she nods and looks away from me.

I move closer and crouch down to her level as I hear Alex and the guard calling out for me.

"It's alright. We will find your parents" I say as I wipe her tears until another gun shot sounds in the distance and she turns away from the sound as she shuts her eyes.

I quickly look around amd I notice Alex approaching us while the guard tries to stop him as I turn back to the little girl.

"What's your name?" I ask her

"Emma" she quietly says

"Emma, we have to get out of here but I promise we will find your parents" I say as she nods and I quickly get up.

I grab her hand as we start to run towards the carriage. Unfortunately I can't run that quickly with my wedding gown, while holding her hand.

Thankfully Alex approaches us as he looks at the little girl questioningly.

"Later" I say as he nods and another gun shot sounds nearby.

We look around and Alex doesn't waste a minute as he immediately lifts Emma up and I grab as much of the end of my gown as I can, so I can run quicker.

While running we hear more gunshots getting closer...

Author's Note:

Word Count: 1054

Hope you liked it.