Chapter 7

.....A Few Days Later.....

Today is the day of the engagement ball and I am currently getting ready.

Today I am wearing a Scarlet Red ballgown with a silver like belt made out of glitter and some sequins. While Alex is wearing his uniform.

We finish getting ready and we walk towards the ballroom. We approach the doors and both Victoria and Edward are there along with Mrs. Collin.

"You look amazing Lia" a familiar voice says as I turn around.

There my family was standing right in front of me.

"What are you doing here?" I ask in shock while they approach me and we greet each other.

"Alex flew us out of New York to come here" Abby says as I turn to look at Alex standing with a smile on his face.

"Thank you, it means a lot to me" I say as I approach him.

"I know" he says as he kisses me.

We talk for a few minutes with family before we prepare ourselves to enter.

Basically we entered the same way during the Christmas ball. Alex and I entered first, followed by Victoria and Edward after. While my family already entered before us.

Alex and I start to go around talking to the guests while Victoria and Edward do the same.

While we talk some dance with one another while some are talking and drinking by the side.

I excused myself for a short while to go to the restroom and I exit and I try to find Alex.

I kept on looking until I felt a hand on my shoulder and I turn around to see him smiling as I smile back.

"Darling, this is Sebastian, he is one of my father's advisors, Sebastian this is my fiancée, Amelia" Alex says as he puts his hand on my waist.

"Ms. Peterson, I would like to congratulate you and His Highness on your engagment"

"Thank you" I say with a smile as we both do a handshake.

"I believe you will make an excellent queen when the time comes" he says as someone calls him and he excuses himself before I get to thank him.

The whole night I was introduced to a lot of people, though there were a few familliar ones that I've met from the previous balls but there were also some who I never met before.

We continued talking to everyone until Alex offered a dance and I gladly accepted.

He lead the way to the center of the ballroom as everyone gathered around to watch us.

We slowly started dancing at the center while everyone watches us.

"It feels weird seeing people just watching" I say

"It does, but you will get used to it after some time" he says

We danced in silence for the rest of the song. After the song we walk off to the side and we continue to talk to the guests while some continue dancing.

"I think I need a drink" I say while we walk around.

"I believe, I do too" Alex says as he grabs two glasses of Chamoagne and hands one over to me.

"Thank you" I say as he nods and we both start taking a few sips from our drinks.

After a few more hours the ball finally ended and we got to retire for the night.

.....The Next Day.....

Today we will be packing our bags for our trip tomorrow.

My parents already went home last night after the ball. I didn't want them to go so quickly but they had to be back as soon as possible.

Alex and I are just walking around the gardens after breakfast.

"Wait, where are we going tomorrow? I forgot to check the destination" I say

"Well, we are going to Paris" he says as I nod while smiling at the thought.

We continue to walk in silence for a few minutes.

"You know, you've been spoiling me a lot lately" I say as we take a seat on the nearby bench.

"How so?" He asks as he looks at me.

"Well, first you gave me the beautiful necklace and bracelet, then you brought my family here and you planned a trip for us to Paris"

"I know, but you deserve it after all the lessons you've been taking along with the planning for our wedding and for going through all sorts of things so we could be together" he says

"I guess so, but I do all those things because I love you"

"And I love you too" he sayas as we both lean for ward and kiss each other.

"Your Highness" David calls as we pull apart and turn to see him.

"You have a meeting with His Majesty in a few minutes" David says as Alex nods and we both get up.

"Do you have any plans?" Alex asks as he focuses his attention towards me.

"Sorry for cutting in Your Highness but Her Majesty has invited Ms. Peterson to her office as soon as you leave to attend your meeting" David says as we both nod and we enter the palace.

"Alright then, I'll find you after the meeting" Alex says as I kiss him and nod before he goes off with David to the opposite direction. While I make my way towards Victoria's office.

I continue to walk through the hallways until I reach her office door and I knock before I hear a 'come in' and I enter.

Victoria is seated on the couch with some papers on the coffee table.

"Amelia, Come in, take a seat" she says as I do so while she puts down the paper she was reading "Have you packed for your trip tomorrow"

"I will be doing so in a while, probably after Alex returns" I say as she nods

"I'm heading to the library, would you like to join me?" She asks

"I'd love to" I say as we both get up and we start walking towards the library.

We both enter the library and we find something to read. Victoria starts to read while I continue looking for a book to read.

After some time I found a book to read and I take a seat at the other couch across Victoria.

Author's Note:

Word Count: 1055

Hope you liked it.