Chapter 2

I woke up with the sunlight shining brightly on my face. I turn around to see Alex still sleeping.

I did my usual routine which included waking Alex from his peaceful slumber.

Today I chose to wear a light blue off shoulder dress with matching white heels and my white bag. While Alex is wearing a blue suit.

We have a quick breakfast with family before rushing off to one of the sitting rooms for an interview.

We enter and the whole room is filled with cameras and lights and other people fixing everything.

"Your Highness, Ms. Peterson, Good Morning and Congratulations on your engagement, I'm Mateo and I'll be interviewing you today" Mateo says as he bows.

"Thank you, It's nice to meet you Mateo" I say with a smile and I feel Alex slightly pull me close towards him while he smiles back at Mateo.

"We're just setting up a few final things" Mateo says as we nod and he excuses himself.

Alex and I sit down on one of the couches in the room while we wait for everything to be prepared.

.....A Few Minutes Later......

They were all done and it was time for the interview already.

Alex and I sit on the same couch while Mateo sits across us.

The cameras start and Mateo speaks "Your Royal Highness, Ms. Amelia Peterson, Congratulations on your engagement"

"Thank you" Alex and I both say at the same time.

"May we know when, where and how the proposal went?" Mateo asks

"Well the proposal was on Christmas day during the christmas ball actually" Alex says

"How did the whole thing happen?"

"We started the night talking with the guests and at a certain time I went to my friends while Alex went to talk to some guests until I heard the song we first danced together play. I continued to just watch around until Alex asked for a dance and I agreed. We both danced until the end of the song and that's when I noticed everyone watching us but before I could do anything else Alex was down on one knee" I say as Mateo nods and I turn to see Alex smiling at me.

"Did you have any clue about the proposal?" Mateo asks

"No, none at all" I say

"Your Highness was there anyone you told about the proposal to?"

"My parents, my friends and her family when I asked her father" Alex says and I turn to him.

"When did you ask my father?" I ask as I look at Alex.

"I made a day trip to New York to ask him, that was when I told you I had a meeting that might take long in the outer parts of the kingdom" he says as I nod and smile at him.

"Moving on to the next question, How did you both meet?"

"We met here in the palace when her and her friends had a summer vacation here in Othilia and my father invited the three of them because my father actually knew one of her friend's father" Alex says and Mateo nods.

"May we see the ring?" Mateo
asks as I show the ring with a smile.

"Your Highness, is there any detail about the ring that you could share with us?"

"Sure, well the stone is from my mother and she gave me choices to choose from when I told her I wanted to propose and so one day we had a look at the different stones until I came across that one" Alex says as he gestures at the ring "I thought of it as the perfect one so I decided to get that and I had the ring made"

"Your Highness, Were you planing to propose on Christmas day or was it just an at the moment sort of thing?" Mateo asks

"I was planning to propose on Christmas day but not here in Othilia. I was actually planning to do it in New York but we couldn't leave for Christmas so I decided to wait a few more days to plan something out but then after the dance I felt like it was the right moment so I grabbed the box which contained the ring and went down on one knee and proposed" Alex says

After a few more minutes filled with questions and answers we finally finished with the interview.

After the interview Alex and I thanked everyone and left the room and started to walk to our room when we hear people talking coming from one of the sitting rooms. I recognize it to be our parents but there's one thats unfamilliar to me. The door opens and Liam walks out.

"Liam" Alex calls out as Liam turns around.

"Is there anything I can help you with, Your Highness?" He asks as he approaches Alex and I.

"Just one question, Who's in the room?"

"Their Majesties, Ms. Peterson's family and a woman named Martha, sir" Liam says as Alex nods and thanks him.

Alex and I look at each other for a few seconds before deciding to find out as we enter the sitting room.

We spot both our parents with a woman who I've never seen before.

"Alex, Amelia, we would like you both to meet someone" Edward says as we approach them.

"This is Martha Wilson the top Wedding Planner in the world" Victoria says and my eyes widen at the thought of meeting Martha Wilson.

She greets Alex and I as we do the same with her before we all sit down.

.....A Few Hours Later.....

After a long tiring day we are finally laying in bed, just the two of us.

We cuddle and talk about the things we want like the wedding, our future, etc.

"What do you think of Martha Wilson?" Alex asks and I turn to face him.

Victoria told us after Martha left that we didn't have to choose her she was just an option but at the end of the day it's our choice because it's our weding.

"She's an amazing woman" I say "and she designs amazing weddings"

"Would you want her to design ours?" He asks and I think about it for a while.

"What are your opinions about her?" I ask as I look up at him.

"I am fine with anything you want"

"But it's also your wedding" I say as I try to reason with him.

"I know but as long as you're happy then I'm happy" he says as he kisses me on the lips.

We sit in silence for a few minutes until he speaks once more.

"So are we getting Martha Wilson?" He asks and I smile as I nod.

"Excellent, I'll have them inform her tomorrow morning" he says as I nod and slowly we both fall asleep.

Author's Note:

Word Count: 1149

Hope you liked it.