Chapter 6

.....A Few Weeks Later.....

It has been a few weeks since I met Mrs. Collin and since then we've had class almost everyday and I am getting very much tempted to ask Edward for a hiding spot so I may hide away from her until she leaves.

Though it seems she doesn't have any plans on leaving soon.

I already resigned from my job and as much as I didn't want to resign. I knew I had no choice.

We plan on starting the preparations for the engagment ball which will be happening soon.

Today Martha will be coming so we could start the planning for the ball.

We requested Martha to plan for our engagment ball as well and she accepted to our luck.

Right now I am with Alex in his office, while he does some things, I am reading a book about the kingdom.

I decided to start reading informaton about Othilia and its allies along with its neighboring kingdoms so I may end my classes sooner.

Someone knocks at the door and it opens and David enters.

"Your Highness, Ms. Peterson, Martha Wilson is here to see you both" David says

"Let her in please" Alex says as David nods and he leaves for a few seconds.

Alex gets up and sits down beside me on the couch while we wait for Martha.

When she arrived with David we greeted each other and decided to start.

"Let's start up with the color scheme, is their any color that you would want?"

"We were thinking of going with neutral colors, to keep everything simple and not to extravagant" Alex says

"For the table cloth what color would you like?" She asks

I look out the window and notice how lovely the weather is today.

"Love?" Alex calls out as he intertwines our hands in the process "are you alright?"

"I'm fine, I was actually thinking perhaps we could continue this discussion at the terrace? The weather seems lovely today" I say

"I'm fine with that, Ms. Martha?" Alex says

"Oh, I am fine anywhere, though the weather does seem quite lovely today" she says as she grabs her bag and we all get up and start walking towards the terrace.

We all take a seat and we are served some tea as we continue discussing the plans for the engagement ball.

.....A Few Hours Later.....

"I think we've gotten everything we need to start planning the whole thing, perhaps we could meet again sometime this week? For finalizing the overall design and look for the engagement ball" Martha says

"Sure, I'll have them inform you when we could meet again" Alex says

"I better get going, so I can start planning the whole thing out, I'll email any documents that may be needed" she says as Alex and I nod as we start to walk towards the main entrance.

"Martha, will the time be enough to finish everything or would we have to push forward and change the planned date?" I ask

"There's nothing to worry about Ms. Peterson, I guarantee you that we will reach your targeted date for the ball" she says as I nod and we continue to walk in silence.

.....A Few Minutes Later.....

After Martha left we decided to go around the kingdom.

We quickly got changed and before we knew it we were already in the car.

Alex decided to drive today while security will be following us behind though they will keep their distance to give us some privacy.

We decided to go and have a walk in the park. We parked the car nearby and started walking.

"Its been some time since we've had time together" I say as we start to walk around the park.

"I know...sometimes I wish we could go back when not much knew yet" he says

"Why?" I ask as I watch a couple playing together with their child.

"Because I get to have you for myself"

"You still do, there's just more things to do so we have less time, unlike before"

.....A Few Days Later.....

I just finished another class with Mrs. Collin and in about half an hour Alex and I have to meet with Martha.

I am on my way to meet Alex in his office for our meeting with Martha regarding the preparations for the engagement ball.

I knock on the door and I wait for my que to enter. I sit on the chair across Alex while he finishes us a few things.

Martha arrives and we finalize everything for the ball.

The engagment ball will be scheduled for next week. Until then all I need to do is my classes with Mrs. Collin.

"We are done planning for the engagment ball until then we have about two weeks before we start planning for the wedding" Martha says

"Martha may I have a word" Alex says as Martha nods.

"I'll be quick" Alex says before he pecks my cheek and they both go out.

Why does he need to talk to her?

I wait for about five to ten minutes until the door opens and they return.

"I will be off now if you don't mind" Martha says as Alex nods and we bid her goodbye and she closes the door on her way out.

I wait a few seconds before I start to speak "What did you talk about?"

"Nothing" he says as he walks over towards his desk and he pulls out an envelop from the drawer and walks back towards me.

He hands it over to me and I just stare at it "open it, it's for you" he says and I accept the envelope and I look at it for a while before I start to open it.

I look inside and I notice there are two tickets. I bring them out and I realize they are boarding passes. I look at him and he just smiles.

"I talked to Martha to inform her that our wedding planning will get delayed for a week because of our vacation"

"What's the vacation for? It's not your birthday nor is it mine" I ask as he sits down beside me.

"I notice you've been stressed out with all the planning and all the lessons lately so I thought it might do you some good to take a few days off"

"You don't have to do that" I say

"I know but I want to" he says

Author's Note:

Word Count: 1090

Hope you liked it.