Chapter 35

"Amelia!"

Sudddenly I heard someone jump into the water then all of a sudden Natalie wasn't drowning me.

I use up all my remaining strength as I swim to the top. I finally saw who jumped in. Maddie.

We were quickly helped up the boat as I found myself coughing from all the water that I almost died in not long ago.

Maddie and I were both given towels and we were surrounded by all the girls and some of the security we brought.

"Ma'am are you alright? Do you need medical attention?" One asks as I shook my head 'no' while I try to calm my breathing.

After some time I was almost back to normal and I was able to process some of the happenings.

While the girls and I were still on deck as well as with the security team, I quickly glance out to the still water.

It has no hint that something just happened not long ago. I look around, trying to find Natalie.

I turn to Abby as she understood who I was looking for as she frowns before speaking.

"She escaped" she says as I sigh and look out to the water as everyone remains silent.

.....One Hour Later.....

I just finished taking a shower when Mary entered our room with my phone on hand.

"It's Alex" she says as I thank her before taking the phone as she walks out leaving me alone.

"Hello?" I say as I answer the phone.

"I heard what happened, are you alright?" Alex immediately asks

"I'm fine, just still a bit in shock with all that happened tonight" I explain

"I'll leave here as soon as possible, I'll just hace some security sent there first"

"There's no need for you to come here, I'll be back tomorrow anyways"

"Are you sure?" He asks

"Yes, besides there's only a few hours left before we have to start our drive back" I say as I glance at the nearby clock on the wall.

"Okay, but I am still sending extra security there and you can't stop me on that one" he says as I laugh, knowing there's no changing his mind when it's my safety involved.

We continued to talk for a few more minutes until Mary returned and we decided to end the call to retire for the night.

.....The Next Day......

I walk out of our room with my bags and other things in hand. I notice Jack stood by the side as I place my things on the nearby couch.

While waiting for the others I approach him to inquire about yesterday's happening.

"We're you able to find her?" I ask Jack as he shook his head 'no'.

"She managed to escape through a waiting car nearby, we couldn't stop her in time" he explains as I nod "But we are doing all we can to track her down".

Before we could say anything further a door shuts, footsteps sounds and Margaret appears.

"Let's go?" Margaret asks as she approaches me with her things.

I nod before grabbing my things and we both walk off the boat followed by the other girls.

Today we are surrounded by security after last night's incident, the security team has been more visible to us now compared to when we were on our way here.

Jack informed Jason about the incident and Jason told Alex which leads to why we have extra security right now. While we were asleep the extra security team Alex sent arrived.

We all immediately enter the waiting car and we start our drive back to the palace followed by our escorts.

.....A Few Hours Later.....

We finally arrived after driving for hours. We all get out of the car with our things in hand.

The moment we enter and the people outside couldn't see us, I was immediately wrapped in Alex' warm embrace.

"You got me worried last night" he says before leaning down to kiss me.

"Are you alright?" He asks as I nod.

"It wasn't good to be woken up Jason telling me you were attacked" he says

"I'm alright, I promise" I say as I lean forward to kiss him.

As we pull apart he grabs some of my things before we walk to our room while his hand remains on my waist.

I didn't notice the girls walking off to there rooms until we were starting to walk to ours.

......A Few Hours Later.....

After dinner with everyone we all quickly retired for the night, seeing as we were all exhausted from travelling.

I step out of the bathroom to feel the cold evening breeze as I turn to see the source.

I see the balcony doors open with Alex standing outside, looking out to the kingdom.

I quietly approach him as he continues to look in the distance, not noticing my presence.

"What are you thinking about?" I ask by the doorframe as he turns to me in surprise.

"I didn't notice you there" he says as I approch him and he turns back to look out at the distance once more.

"You seem lost in thought, what are you thinking about?" I ask as he sighs.

"I'm worried about your safety" he explains before taking a breath as he turns to me "Natalie was able to attack you several times, all because I chose to be with you"

"Alex you better not be thinking about not pushing through with the wedding. We've been this far, are you honestly going to give up now?"

"If it means you will be safe...then yes"

"No, we will find her and get through this together" I say as I look up at him.

"But-" he starts to say as I stop him.

"No, if I have to drag you myself to the altar then I will" I say as he chuckles before wrapping me in his arms.

"There's no need for that" he says before placing a kiss on my lips.

"I love you" I say with a smile.

"I love you too" he says before placing a kiss on my cheek as we stare out at the kingdom in silence.

Just a few more days...

Author's Note:

Hope you liked it.

Word Count: 1044