Chapter 24

"Hold on, I'll be back" I say as I place my phone on the bed before rushing to the door.

"Their Majesties wish to see you in His Majesty's office" Liam informs me as I thank him and I approach my phone as he leaves.

"We'll talk later, your parents are calling for me" I say as I grab my phone from the bed.

"Actually, I wish to join the discussion"

"Don't you have things to do?" I ask while selecting my outfit for the day.

"I don't have anything planned today"

"I'll call you back after I get ready" I say as Alex agrees and we end the call.

.....A Few Minutes Later.....

I decided to wear a white blouse with a matching floral skirt and with white flats.

I quickly fix my hair in front of the mirror as I start to call Alex.

"Are you done?" He asks as he answers the phone.

"Yeah" I reply as I grab my phone and I walk out of the room.

We remain silent as I walk through the palace hallways towards Edward's office.

Soon I arrived right in front of the office doors as I quickly inform Alex as I knock on the door before entering.

I enter the room to see Edward seated by his desk with Victoria sitting across from him and George seated on the nearby couch.

"Ah, you're here, take a seat" Victoria says with a  smile as she gestures to the couch and I take a seat across George.

"Alex is on the line as well" I say as they nod and I put Alex on speaker.

"I take it you've heard?" Edward asks as he looks at me.

"Yes, I have" I reply as he nods.

"We all know that the headline isn't true but I want to know what happened" Edward says as George and I nod our heads.

"I was in the kitchen eating some ice cream th-" George starts to explain until he gets cut off by Victoria.

"George! how many times have I told you not to have ice cream at such a late hour?" Victoria starts to scold George "You would end up sleeping late in the morning and you won't get anything done in the morning"

"I know mother but I-" George tries to speak but this time Edward cuts him off.

"You both can continue this later, for now I want to know what happened. We must take immediate action regarding the situation"

"Well, I was eating ice cream then Amelia came inside the kitchen to get a snack as well" George explains

"Is this true?" Edward asks me as he looks at me and I nod.

"Yes, I couldn't sleep so I went to go get a quick snack when I saw George in the kitchen and we started talking while we were having some ice cream" I explain as Victoria nods for me to go on "then he gave me some much needed advice and I thanked him for it"

"So the hug was simply a misunderstanding?" Edward asks confirming the whole thing.

"Yes, father, what else would it be?" George asks

"I just need to make sure before I make a statement" Edward replies

"Father could we have the security check the footage that night?" Alex asks

"Yes, I'll have them check on it" Edward says when we hear a knock.

We remain silent as we hear Alex walk away from the phone. We all glance at each other but I already have a feeling  who it is.

"Alex, I was hoping you could accompany me to town today" we hear Charlotte say as George glances at me.

Why must one always ruin a private conversation?

"I can't, unfortunately. I have some family matters to attend to" Alex replies

"Oh, but I told the people I'd bring you the next time I go back to town" Charlotte says as she pauses for a while "Oh God. The people would be so disappointed"

"I-" Alex starts to speak but Edward cuts him off quickly.

"Alex perhaps you should go with Charlotte. It would be good for your image and it would show that we aren't affected by the article, we are just simply correcting such rumours" Edward says

"Hi Uncle Edward! I didn't know you were on the line, is Aunt Victoria there?" Charlotte says as I fight the urge to roll my eyes as she speaks.

"Hello Charlotte" Victoria says

"Hi...I saw the article and I must admit, I didn't know George was back" Charlotte states

"Yes, he came back with Alex and Amelia when they returned from there trip to Paris" Victoria says as she glances at George.

"Is he there?" Charlotte asks as George's eyes widen and he mouths a 'no' to Victoria.

"Yes, he is" Victoria replies with a smirk on her face as George glares at her.

"Hey George, I haven't heard from you in quite some time" Charlotte says

"Yes, I've been quite busy. How have you been lately?" George asks as he continues to glare at Victoria.

"Wonderful-" Charlotte says until we hear a knock once more.

"Seems our ride is there. We better get going now, bye" Charlotte says as she ends the call.

He's off again with Charlotte for another day and I'm stuck here.

"We're done here, I'll release a statement and have them check the footage that night" Edward says as we all agree and soon George and I leave his office while Victoria stays.

"You alright?" George asks as the office door closes and it's just the two of us in the hallway.

"Yeah" I reply as he hesitantly nods and we both walk through the hallways.

"I'll just take a quick walk in the garden" I say as he turns back to me.

"Do you need me to accompany you?"

"No thanks, I'm good" I say as he nods.

"If you need someone to talk to, you know where to find me" he says as I nod and I walk towards the gardens.

Author's Note:

Word Count: 1022

Hope you liked it.