Chapter 28

-----Alex' POV-----

"Jason I need a car to the airport and the plane ready when I get there" I say and Jason nods before walking away.

"Alex what is going on?" Father asks

"They're in Othillia and Amelia plans on leaving" I explain as their eyes widen in shock.

"Oh god, we better get there quickly" Mother says as everyone nods.

"We're going to have to cut our trip short, we'll try to visit soon after" Father says as both Aunt Alexandra and Uncle Henry nod in understanding.

"Of course, inform us when you arrive" Uncle Henry says before saying goodbye to my parents followed by me.

"Alex we wish you the very best of luck with Amelia" Aunt Alexandra says as she hugs me.

"Thank you" I say as she nods before moving to my parents.

"Alex?" I turn to see Charlotte approaching us "Alex where are you going?"

"He has some matters to take care of abck in Othillia" Uncle Henry says

Charlotte turn to see our parents as she quickly approaches them.

"Aunt Victoria, Uncle Edward it's wonderful to see you" she says as she greets my parents.

"Your Royal Highness, the cars are waiting. Your stuff are in as well" Jason says as I thank him.

"We better get going now" Father says as they nod and we start to walk away.

"Alex don't forget to call me!" Charlotte says as I continue to walk towards the waiting car with my parents.

I enter the car and I look towards her to see her parents looking questioningly at her while she continues to say all sorts of things.

Not long after getting in we rush off towards the airport. My parents at the car right behind the car I am in.

.....A Few Hours Later.....

-----Amelia's POV-----

We just arrived in New York amd we are on our way to my parent's house.

We remained silent throughout the flight including our trip now until we arrived in front of the house.

We both get down from the car as we get my things from the back of the car before walking towards the door.

I ring the doorbell and we wait for a few seconds before Dad opens the door.

"Princess what-" Dad says until I cut him off as I hug him and a few tears come out as he hugs me back.

"James who-" Mom says until she spots me and quickly approaches me before hugging me in her warm embrace.

"Lia what's wrong?" Mom asks while Dad talks to Sophia.

"I don't want to talk about it now" I say as she nods.

"Amelia I'll be going now, call me if you need amything" Sophia says by the door as I nod.

She leaves and Dad closes the door after bringing in my things.

"Come on, you should rest first" Mom say as she accompanies me to my room.

"Is there anything you need?" She asks while placing down one of my bags as I shook my head 'no' and she nods.

"Just call me if you need anything okay? We're all here for you" she says as I nod before she leaves.

The moment the door shuts I immediately break down on the floor as I let all the pain and the tears I've been trying to hold back for hours finally come out.

.....A Few Hours Later.....

-----Alex' POV-----

We finally landed in Othillia as we immediately get in the cars to drive us to the palace.

While travelling I kept on thinking and hoping that George was able to make her stay.

Soon we arrived and we all get down and I run towards our room.

I burst in the room to see it empty with nothing but my things and not a single trace of Amelia.

Before I could close the door I noticed something shine on her night table.

I further enter the room and I approach the table to see her engagement ring just sitting there.

I place the ring on my hand and stare at it for a while before I close my eyes and I lay on the bed as slowly tears came while I thought of everyhting that's happened.

But one word, one question was stuck in my mind. Why?

Suddenly there was a knock on the door and George entered and I sat up.

"I didn't stop her" he says

"Why?" I ask as I glance at him for a moment before looking back at the ring.

"Sophia told us what happened" he states

"What did happen? I haven't even seen her today and the next thing I know is she left"

"She saw you and Charlotte kissing in your room" he says as I look at him as my eyes widen.

"I didn't kiss her, I would never, she-"

"Don't tell me, tell her" he says

"Do you know where she is?" I ask and he nods.

"Sophia messaged me not long ago, she's back in New York, in her parent's house" he says as I nod and I quickly get up from the bed.

Another knock sounds on the door as Jason enters the room.

"Sir, where should I place your bags?" Jason asks while bringing in some of my bags from Quarincia.

"Back in the car and have the plane prepared, we're going to New York" I say as Jason nods and leaves with my things.

"I better get going, Mother and Father are in Father's office, Inform us about what happens" George says as I nod and he walks out the room.

I place the ring in my pocket before walking out of the room and passing by my parents to inform them of my plan.

While on my drive to the airport I try to call Amelia but she doesn't answer. I don't expect her to answer but there is  a sense of hope that she would.

But why would she? She saw you kissing another woman.

I run my hand through my hair while thinking of some way to get her back as we drive through the streets.

"Sir we're here" Jason says as I look out the window before getting out of the car and walking towards the waiting plane.

Author's Note:

Word Count: 1053

Hope you liked it.