twenty nine

I frown when I see him go to the window. He opened it and instantly wind blew in the room. Haydn grabbed the bed sheet and tied it to the legs of the bed.

When he threw it over I felt a rush run through my whole body. I made my way closer to him and when he looks over his shoulder at me he instantly looked away.

"You...you need to get back home. You are about to have the babies...it's obvious." He sniffs a little bit, avoiding eye contact with me now. "Tell Ezra and Xavion about your actual last name - the one you were born with."

"What's so important about that?" I question him, and he gasps. Instantly he was rushing to the door and locked it. Right when he did the doorknob started twisting repeatedly.

Haydn instantly nods at me, and I take the sheet tightly. I let myself climb out of the house and when I looked down it was...so freakishly tall.

The sheet was long enough to stretch itself close enough to the ground for me to land just fine. Before I let myself slip down I shake my head, seeing the fear in Haydn's eyes.

"Come with me." I insist to him. He frowns immediately, chuckling as if I was kidding. "I'm serious."

"I can't come...it's the Volek's - they'll crush me-."

"No they won't. Not with me around, they won't. Please, come with me. It's not any better here. I saw how that little girl treated you...and that was just her! I can't imagine how bad it must be in general." I whimper a plea to him, hoping he'd see how bad it was here.

Haydn's eyes softened, and he came towards the edge as if he was going to come. Though when he did the door made a large thud sound as if someone was kicking it.

"Haydn open the damn door! Don't you dare!" I hear a man shriek, and he seemed to lose all desire to come with me. He stepped back, shaking his head.

"Haydn please...actually come with me and help me-."

"They will kill me."

"No, they won't. Ezra and Xavion will not-."

"They will kill me!" He cries, and I immediately understood that he wasn't talking about the people I know.

I immediately reach forward and grab his hand from the windowsill. Pulling him, he was surprised to be pulled out and we both immediately slipped down the sheet rope.

I held on as tightly as I could to not fall and to not drop him. Even when we got to the bottom I landed on my feet and I felt like there was no muscle even on them.

I collapsed onto my bottom, and Haydn was quick to help me to my feet.

"Run with me...come back home with me. This, this isn't home."

"They're my family..." He sniffs softly, shaking his head.

"Family don't treat each other like that. I've seen only one occurrence, and that's not family. Family shouldn't enact fear amongst another...that's not family. Come with me, I'll show you a family-."

"Haydn!" A howl rippled through the whole land and I saw him look like he was about to cry.

That's when I turn into my Wolf at that moment, and he looks down at me.

"Run with me." I plea with him.

I watch Haydn become a wolf beside me, and he avoided looking back at the castle.

"I'll show you how to leave. I'll come."

"Yay!" I yip as I prance on my toes a little bit, causing him to grin. Instantly now, we ran away.