thirty five

I laid still on the bed, staring up at the ceiling. Remi laid beside me as he stared at my face. When I look over at him he smiles, beginning to giggle and I chuckle.

"Mommy, you're so pretty." He compliments me, making me grin at him. "And handsome, a-and amazing!"

"Aww, thank you Remi. You're very handsome too." I compliment him back, and he scoots closer towards me. I let him sleep in the bed because Ezra was in his rut. That was two days ago, and I haven't seen him for that period of time.

Xavion and Tyler aren't here, which is fine with me. I just have to be extra wary of the triplets now. I have little baby cams in there, and they are very mellow babies...most of the time.

"Where did Ezra go?" Remi asks me, and I grin awkwardly.

"He's going through some events, but he's still in the house currently. You just can't see him right now, none of us can." I explain to him as best as I could.

"That's okay. I not want to see him anyway." Remi shrugs as if what he said was nothing. "It just me and you mommy. We not have sleepovers like this in forever! Ezra took my spot."

"I mean, we were trying to get you how to sleep in your own bed. This was good practice. Do you think you can sleep in your bed now?" I ask him and he nods. "Then it's okay, right?"

Remi doesn't respond, just begins to pout and look away from me. He stared up at the ceiling now as he grabbed my hand. Holding onto my hand, I grin at him and his cuteness. It has been very long since I've slept with Remi by my side...kind of made me feel a little bad; but it needed to happen eventually.

"Can I tell you a secret?" Remi came closer towards me, and I nod. "You promise you not tell Ezra?"

"I promise, cross my heart and hope to die." I nod calmly as he starts to look around the room as if he's making sure no one else is here.

I see him grip my face, leaning close towards me. His eyes were widened and he stares very deeply. I wondered what his innocent mind could be thinking.

"I kinda...like Ezra at first. Like, like!" He whispers, and I frown. "Like...like the like where you kiss. But I not like him anymore. I not like him at all, he steal you; so he not good."

I stare at him in disbelief, because he said he saw Ezra like his dad. What happened to that...?

"You said he was like your dad though, at first."

"I-I know, but it was before that. When I first met him...he was so cool..." Remi drifts off, beginning to grin, it soon turning into a pout. "Now he not so cool, not 'cool-man'."

"How can Ezra become 'cool-man' again for you? Is there anyway at all?" I question him curiously as he cuddles a little closer to me. I could tell he was getting tired.

Remi didn't say anything...I even began to think there was nothing that he could do to be in Remi's good light. I just don't want Remi to hate him anymore. Ezra now knows where he did wrong...just for someone so great and big like him, he's afraid to approach a child.

"He...has to play outside with me and help me find more bugs."

I smile at him, feeling him nod ecstatically against my chest. I hug him closely, smiling even more.

"Deal. Once his event is over, he will definitely do that. No complaining, no whining, and no make funs. It will be a fun time for you. Do you want me to be-."

"No! You not be there! Just me and him...so that I can make sure...he good now." He starts to snooze off. I look down at him, seeing him a sleep. I grin at his cute little face and lean towards it, pressing a kiss to his cheek.