six

"Good morning!"

I saw Xavion grin down at me as I was walking down the hall that was supposed to lead me to the kitchens. At the moment I was...disturbed by his presence because he did such a thing to his brother.

I couldn't look or speak to him the same. The respect I had for him was all gone and I found it hard just to offer him any amount of decency.

"Yes." I nod, walking a little faster. Except that wasn't a problem for Xavion because he kept up just fine.

"You seem upset. What's wrong? Did Ezra do something?" He asks me as if he cared.

"Actually, Ezra has been great. Very kind and helpful, especially with Remi." I say honestly, seeing Xavion nod at my words. "Sorry, but don't you have work to do?"

Xavion stopped in his tracks, looking at me in shock. He almost looked offended by what I said even though that was a serious question. Though he started to chuckle and I began to feel a little...uncomfortable.

Especially when he just had an unsettled look in his eyes.

"You know, don't you?" He asks me, and I don't say anything. "That's just great."

I see him scoff, cursing under his breath as he ruffled his hair a bit. Saw him look back at me again and faced forward now. Could tell he was contemplating something and I hoped that 'something' wasn't...bad.

"You probably think I'm a horrible person, right? Want to join the train of hating Xavion Volek, yes?" He smiles at me, regaining his composure now. "I had my reasons, I don't regret it one bit-."

"You should!" I snap, and I saw Xavion look surprised by my outburst. "You stole your own flesh and blood's Mate! Don't you have any sympathy whatsoever? You broke his heart and he was rejected because of you... Doesn't that arise any type of regret or sense of guilt?"

I see him just look at me, only to shrug as he leaned against the wall. It seemed like he was thinking about the right thing to say to me. Or was he going to punish me for yelling?...imagine.

"It was either my way or no way. Our parents are dead - just in case you haven't realized that." He growls at me, and I knew he was emitting pheromones in anger just by his tone. Thank goodness I couldn't smell them as I look at him.

"That means absolutely nothing."

"It does! I don't care if I'm the enemy in his eyes. I rather him hate me than know what his Mate and who his Mate really was. I can easily handle his hatred, but Ezra isn't as strong as he think he is. If he knew about his Mate and...what they really were to do - he'd die from heartbreak before the rejection. He is quite weak and I did what I did to strengthen him, but also to protect him. I don't care what you think or what he told you - because I know the truth." Xavion sneers at me, walking close and in my space.

I back away from him, not really understanding what he was implying. There was a lot of missing pieces to the story and I could tell Xavion was saying Ezra's Mate just wasn't a good person.

For all I know that I could be the cover-up. Except at the same time...why lie about something like that?

"Are you implying that Ezra's Mate wasn't a good person...and you did this to help him?" I question him seriously, stepping one step closer so that he understood that I wanted to understand.

Xavion just looks at me, soon scoffing as he walks away from me. Now I was very curious...who was Ezra's Mate? It was evident that Xavion wouldn't tell me anymore beyond that point.

"W-wait!" I exclaim, and Xavion stops as he goes back to looking at me. "About Remi's tarantulas... Was that an act or are you really going to help me get them?" I ask him now, causing him to snort.