forty six

"Remi!"

My dad was quick to rush at me as he gave me a hug.

I look, seeing that he did, in fact, come alone and didn't bring his other family with him. I wouldn't have minded if he did; but it's probably not a good time to do that considering what I did.

"We all have been worried sick about you, where did you and Micah disappear off to?!" He glanced between us both, and I just grin.

"I'm okay, trust me-."

"I can't trust you until you come back with me. I don't know where you two have gone, but you need to come back. You have people who care about you Remi, and I know that it doesn't seem like it, but I care about you so much." My dad insisted, instantly causing me to snort.  "What's so funny?"

"Please don't speak for others. My mom does not feel that way at all, so don't say he does." I tell him immediately, causing him to frown.

He doesn't argue with me though as he pulled back some.

"So...are you coming back?"

"No."

"Why not?" He asks me, and I saw Micah flinch.

I look at him so fast, seeing him look at me sadly. Only to step past me and grab my dad's arm. 

"We are staying at the Vol residence and they want to use Remi to try and enact revenge against Ezra, that's why we disappeared. Because they've allowing us to stay with them."

"Micah!" I cry out in shock, seeing him glance over at me sadly.

"I'm sorry...but if I didn't love you, I would let you get yourself hurt even more. You'll only cause more pain and trouble for yourself. It's best they know, especially your dad." Micah tells me unapologetically.

Except when I look at me dad he was just snickering.

That seemed to take Micah aback, but...I knew how much he hated Ezra. Especially after the fact he took off the tip of one of his fingers.

"A few years ago...I'd be all for this, but...no," He shook his head, my eyes widening on him, "You can't do that. We both know that even if your enacting some sort of revenge, it'll only come down bad on you. It'll only hurt you more."

"I just...I don't care-."

"I care!" My dad snapped at me, taking my aback a little. "You're coming with me, right now."

I suddenly found myself being picked up like a kid, and I just hang limply as I had my eyes narrowed down on Micah. Seeing him smile awkwardly at me, but I...couldn't be mad at him.

I know where he's coming from, but I still just wanted...to get back.

My dad is right though.

It'll only come back to hurt me the most.

Say if I was to hurt Ezra...

It'll only cause my siblings to hate me more, my mom really will treat me like I'm not his son, and I will define go to jail. It's not worth it...he's not worth it.

It just felt so worth it because I was so angry; and I still am.

Just having my dad practically carry me like this despite my age and do this...? It at least shows he cares, but...I just want him to hurt as bad as I did.

But...maybe I just need to talk to somebody.

Talk to who though? The only person I trust is Micah, and...I think I can consider my dad too.

I'm just not sure.

I'm not sure about anything anymore.

________________🌝

me when writing this - 🫠

vote, comment, follow~

- yolo 🫶