ten

Ezra and I stare at one another for some time, the atmosphere...I couldn't name it. I knew it wasn't an atmosphere that should've been present.

Especially since he's my debtor, doesn't there need to be some division? Except I found myself completely free and almost...felt like I had no debt at times. It was frightening because I didn't want this to be anything more than it already was. Dad by day though...the differentiation increased dramatically.

His kindness to Remi is the best to me and I refuse to say I am growing feelings. It's just natural to grow this comfortable feeling around someone who does such things for you. I've never experienced it before...

It's different for me. I want to deny the need for the gifts, but he insists I keep it. If he wants to do so...okay, but if he is going to continue to shower
Remi with gifts then it makes it harder to say no.

"Don't you look nice?" Ezra murmurs to me, and I stay silent. "You don't think you look nice?"

"I know...it's nice." I finally speak up. "It's just not my style. I wouldn't dress like this by choice, but I'm thankful for the extra clothes."

Ezra nods, grinning at me as I start to remove the barrette from my head. I lean forward a bit...contemplating on a thought. This didn't feel right...in my heart.

"I'm sorry..." I apologize to him, refusing to look up as I start to play with the sweater sleeves. "I shouldn't be here right now."

"Yes you should be. This is your gift to me. I didn't ask for much from you...I didn't ask for anything actually. You didn't want to feel anymore indebted than you already do, so this is the next best thing. This is okay enough - this is what I want. You...right now." Ezra explains to me quietly, leaning onto his hand as his elbow rested on the table. "You underestimate me."

"I think I do too...  I should work on that." I wondered aloud, making him smile. "Do you have something planned?"

Ezra shrugs, not saying a word. He just smirks at me and his eyes divert from me.

"I'm not that good of a person." He crooned in a way that made me suspicious.

"Why do you say that?"

Ezra looks at me, and I saw his eyes look a little dark. He grabs a knife from the table and I wondered what his thing was with knives.

I see him start to play with it, doing tricks with it between his fingers.

"You already know the answer. I know you don't think I'm a good person, I'm certainly not an angel. I'm not a bad person, but I also don't have good intentions. I want revenge... I want it so bad that I find myself willing to hurt others and use them as pawns to take him down. I know things about him that he wants to keep secret. He's not just known for stealing my Mate - he's done other things-."

"Wait. You want revenge on Xavion, okay I get it; but I hope I'm not a pawn in your game to take him down. I won't be okay with that." I interrupt him, and he doesn't say anything. "I'm not a pawn. I just have a debt to pay and that's it."

Ezra still stays silent, but soon was smiling at me.

"You're not a pawn, I agree." He nods in agreement very adamantly. "Trust me."

"I...I can't do that." I stammer honestly, causing him to frown only for me to see a man enter the restaurant. Except this man in particular had a presence around him that was very attention-seeking.

He was also...very handsome so it was hard not to notice him. Both of our eyes met and I look away awkwardly.

"What are you looking at?" Ezra questions me, looking over his shoulder. Except when he saw the man he was standing abruptly from his chair.