forty

𝘽𝙧𝙞𝙖𝙣 𝘼𝙖𝙡 x Xavion Volek x Tyler Vereille
|Xavion_
***

I wasn't sure if I should've felt awkward.

Brian and I were before Tyler, his eyes avoidant of the both of us. He had his hood on and I was kind of taken aback because he seemed to be smoking. Since when did he do that?

"You called me over for what? To rub in my face how happy the two of you are or what?" He questions me, and I see Brian shake his head fast.

"No, of course not! I wanted to be friends with you, I want us to get along...and I wanted to see something." Brian mutters the last part, and Tyler glared at him.

"Get along? Why the hell would I get along with you? You practically stole my Mate from me and ruined what I could've had. I have no desire to 'get along'." He tells him bluntly, reminding me of how blunt he always was...

Painfully so.

"Xavion you haven't said a word to me, you coward." Tyler mocks me, and I frown. "Do you have something to tell me?"

"I mean...Tyler I-." I stop, seeing Brian looking at me and I already knew he was inspecting every little thing I did and said. That would decide, for him, if I hold some type of feelings towards him all because were Mates. That, somehow, Tyler and I have a greater connection than him and I ever could.

I don't really think that's fair considering I met him first, but whatever.

"I don't think it's really fair of you to call me that. You're a coward too." I state, and he scoffs. "What? You believed mating with me would somehow undermine what you are as a person and what you stand for. It wouldn't at all...it would just show our love for one another; but you don't want to see it that way."

Tyler burns out his cigarette, removing his hood and I was surprised to see that he had cut his hair. He had such nice long hair before, not long per say that it was down his back, but long in a sense.

It wasn't a light brown anymore, but a black. He looked at me and I saw some smoke leave past his lips. Now he chuckles as he nods between the both of us.

"If that is so, then why haven't you done that with Brian here? It must be love, right? Are you being cowardly and choosing to speak to me instead?"

"That makes no damn sense." I snap at him, and he gasps as if I really hurt his feelings. It was so fake that I almost threw up.

I felt Brian's hand rest on my shoulder and I calmed instantly, causing Tyler to snort.

"Tyler just be honest." Brian says, and I frown at him. I didn't understand his agenda now.

"Don't talk to me like we're friends."

"We aren't, but I just want to...see something-."

"What's wrong with you? Do you get some kind of sick rush seeing exes fight, or what?" Tyler snaps at him, standing up and I frown.

"Exes?"

Tyler looks at me now like I'm an idiot for even questioning that. His eyes flicker between Brian and me to remind me and I clear my throat. Only for Brian to smile as he rests his hand on both of our shoulders.

"Look...I have no attraction towards you Tyler, but I really love my Mate. He really loves you, it's obvious. And looking past your horrible acting, you love him too. I want him to be happy, and I know exactly how he'll be happy." He smiles, and Tyler really looked lost now.

I was just as lost.

He wasn't...considering what I think he was considering...right?

"Are you...crazy? Are you really-?"