five

"It's snowing!"

I watch Remi press his face to the window, his eyes glittering in amazement. He's seen snow before, but it was much more different when in a castle I guess.

It was night time and the snow clouded different parts of the window. To sit here beside Remi and see such a pretty sight in such a pretty place was nice. His eyes widened as he stared into the window differently.

"It's the 'cool man'!" Remi exclaims, turning around excitedly as I knew who he was talking about. I look too, seeing Ezra smiling at Remi.

In his hands held a tray with three cups on them. I could smell the hot chocolate from here even before I saw what was inside. He sat on the floor before a coffee table, handing Remi a cup of hot cocoa.

Saw marshmallows at the top and Remi smiled happily, giggling as he started to drink it. I looked at him in confusion because he was doing such kind things for him. Not to mention Remi calls him 'cool man' - not even his real name.

"I brought you one too." Ezra says, holding it in his hand out towards me.

I go towards it, sitting on my legs once I grab it. Now we all were drinking hot cocoa at such a night. Except I just didn't get Ezra.

Now he's back to being very nice and considerate. Even though a few days ago he was not all that kind and seemed to have a disdain towards me. His actions are confusing. He sometimes is more confusing and changing his personality more than my own child - and he's four!

It also became a fact that Xavion wasn't here at the castle right now. He was going to be gone for a week I was told. I don't know what for, but Ezra seems happier with him gone.

"'Cool man', do you like snow?" Remi asks him curiously and I saw Ezra snort.

"Snow...it's okay. It can be annoying sometimes though, but it can be very pretty." Ezra ends up answering his question and I saw Remi nod in agreement. "What do you think of snow-?"

"I love it!" Remi exclaimed, jumping up from the ground and standing. His hands up in the air and we both looked at him. "I love snow so much! It so pretty and you can build snowmen! 'Cool man' have you made a snowman before?"

Ezra nodded his head, sighing quietly as if he was remembering the event.

"I made one when I was younger with my brother. It was one of the worst snowman ever." He chuckles, and he began glaring at his cup.

It became weird as Remi and I looked at him. The way he looked so dejected now and I could assume it was because of his brother.

What did his brother do to him?

"Mommy could you make me chocolate chip cookies again?" Remi asks me curiously, looking away from Ezra now. I could tell he didn't care to know the rest of Ezra's story.

It was such an innocent thing because he didn't pry.

"I would love to, but...am I allowed to go in the royal kitchens?" I glance at Ezra and saw him continuing to glare at his cocoa. "Ezra?"

Ezra looks up at me now, and he nods.

"Yeah, I don't care. It's not prohibited, but not many tend to go down there unless it's the chefs." He ends up telling me as I stand up.

"Well, I'm going to try and see if I can make Remi some cookies. Remi, wait here - you can drink my hot cocoa if you want." I say, handing it to him as he squeals in excitement.

Now I turn on the TV for him, leaving the room with Ezra. I followed him to the kitchen. It was an unusually long walk, but at the same I wasn't really surprised.