thirty four

"So now you want to come to me for brotherly advice, huh?"

I had my arms folded as I looked at Tyler, seeing him sit with Xavion. For someone who says he doesn't like him...he's hanging out with him a lot.

"You think you know...everything." I sneer as I sit before him. I see Xavion have his arm wrapped around Tyler's shoulders, and I look away. "It's about siblings."

"What?"

"How did you two feel when you found out you were getting a sibling?" I ask them both, causing Tyler to snort. I saw Xavion look happy by that question and I wondered if there was more to it than just...the question.

Tyler leaned his head against Xavion's shoulder while thinking this, while Xavion was gripping his chin and thinking. They both were very weird together... Tyler was the weird part of it, I should say.

"When I found out you were being born I was fine with it. I was actually excited to have a baby brother that I could boss around, honestly. It didn't turn out that way, but still." Tyler tells me with a smirk, and I glance at Xavion.

"I...I was happy too. I just wanted to protect him as soon as I saw him." Xavion murmurs softly. Now I felt worse because Remi wasn't happy like they were... "Why do you ask?"

I sat here quietly because I was...ashamed. What did I do wrong for Remi to...act this way and feel the way he feels?

"You think Remi will be an Alpha?" I ask Tyler in a rush, causing him to glance at Xavion. When he looks back at me he nodded. "Okay...do you think the things he's feeling and the strong desire for me to be just his...is because of that-?"

"Oh Theo, stop with that!" Tyler sneers at me while I was going crazy over here. "He loves you! He's your son, you would be losing your mind if he wasn't doing this-."

"Wrong. I'd be content and not even talking to you." I interrupt him now. I watch him immediately smile at me, leaning his head on Xavion's shoulder again. He was so confusing!

I leave them alone...to their own devices. He's confusing at this point. When I do leave them alone I come upon Ezra.

He looked at me with deep concentration, waiting calmly as if he had something to say. I wondered if he was displeased I didn't talk to him about this. I just...don't feel like he'd be much help.

Except he suddenly took a deep breath, leaning against the wall.

"Tell me." He just says simply, and I frown. "I am causing a rift. There's something that comes with...being parents, right? We have to speak to one another when we believe the other is upset...or thinking too seriously about a certain topic. I want to focus on becoming stronger to conquer against Enzel, but not until you're at ease."

I look at him in ease as I appreciated hearing such a thing. I go towards him, his arms wrapping around my waist. He picked me up and the both of us hugged.

As my legs tighten around his waist, I sigh in his ear.

"It's Remi... I know we have three kids together right from the start, but Remi is still my first baby. I just don't want him to be sad, you know?" I tell him as I see him begin to walk up the stairs. "I could understand why he'd feel a little bit abandoned...after how you handled that. And the way you talk to him is unacceptable. I know he's not technically your son, but please at least...I can't make you do it but..."

I drift off when I'm set on the bed. Ezra stood before me quietly, nodding at my words.

"You're right about that. I've become quite conceited in becoming a father to my own children. Made me find it...unnecessary and a little mocking to...see a child who was your first with someone else. Someone completely different from me and they were your first. They took your first sex, your first experience as a parent, and gave you your first child - Remi. That made me jealous, and even mean. I was a brat..."