thirty two

"You've grown up to be quite handsome."

We all stood in the castle that I happened to be in not too long ago. It was weird to look at the group of people that seemed to be a part of the Vol Dynasty.

They all looked powerful...some more intimidating than others. Except it wasn't really anything I wasn't used to.

I've been around too many...intimidating looking people for me to be afraid.

"I don't need your compliments from the people that wanted me dead." Ezra hisses at them, only to soon grin. "But that's not the point. I have kids of my own and I don't want them to be involved in this drama. I hope you understand."

Ezra stood before them calmly, folding his arms to his chest.

"I've been informed of everything, so I don't want any of you to believe that you're manipulating me. I'm well aware, and I want you to be aware of that completely." He looks around them, and I'm guessing there was someone behind all of them.

There were twelve of them, that I could clearly see. Who was he trying to look at?

"I'm not very satisfied." I hear an old male voice. None of the twelve before me spoke, so I automatically knew it was someone behind them.

"Satisfied? What are you talking abou-?"

Ezra stops talking out of nowhere. I feel the grip on my hand soften. Only for him to pull away abruptly.

I see him stagger a bit, almost as if he was trying to fight against something. I didn't even know who was doing this to him.

"Ezra, we need to leave- Tyler was right." I sadly admit, wrapping my arm around his. Only for him to shove me away.

When he looked into my eyes I gasp at the pain that just enveloped me.

I felt a pulsing feeling in my head, my eyes widening when I began to feel like it was about to burst. I couldn't even concentrate at the moment because I genuinely felt like I was about to lose it.

I see Ezra looking at me as if he couldn't control myself. I could see the others behind him and I collapsed to my legs. My hands grasped ahold of my head, hearing myself screaming in so much pain.

"Ezra stop! Stop!" I shriek, crying because it hurt so much. My hands slam onto the ground now as I pulled myself towards him. I rested my head upon his feet, squeezing it tightly. "Ezra..."

I thought...I was this impenetrable force? What happened to that?!

Is it because I'm Mates with Ezra that it's working in the first place? Or are his pheromones just that powerful?

"Ezra!" I hear Xavion shriek, and I saw him in my peripheral vision. He was holding one of the babies in his arms. "Ezra what the hell are you doing! Don't let them control you! Don't let them do this to your Mate! You had children with him!"

I look up at Ezra, seeing him continue to look forward. Why was it that I was the only one feeling pain?

I look around his legs to the best of my ability, seeing a very old man sitting in a wheelchair behind everyone. His eyes were closed and I immediately felt like he was the problem.

Except when I extended my hand towards him I feel Ezra grab my arm. Yanking me up, my feet weren't even on the ground at this point. He just looked at me with very small pupils.