twenty seven

____Xavion____
____infamous truth; 15____

"What are you talking about?"

My mom looks at me first, her eyes widening only to soften quickly. I see my dad gesture for me to close the door behind me and I didn't do that.

"Xavion close the door real quick-."

"No." I snap, and their eyes widen. "What are you talking about? Why are you talking about Ezra like that?"

I see my mom look away awkwardly as if she had no answer. My eyes narrow on them, now closing the door fully behind me. I lean against it and inhale sharply, I felt like throwing up.

"I...I don't get it. Why are you talking about Ezra like that-?"

"Xavion, your brother is 'Class X'." My dad confides to me, and I did feel a chill run down my spine.

"So...what does that have to do with you guys trying to find out ways to kill your own son?" I snap at them, and my mom slams her hands on the table.

"They will kill us if we don't deal with this correctly and accordingly! Ezra shouldn't...have crossed that realm. It shouldn't even be possible! Only one person can be that class! Xavion...they will kill us if we don't do this - a-all of us!" She cries, her hands hooking tightly onto her hair. "This can't be how our family is disgraced! Our family line will be eradicated completely and the branch no longer. We can't lose that!"

"Who will kill us?"

"The top, the complete head. The true Vol." My dad says simply, staring forward idly and with no emotion. "Ezra hasn't enjoyed the joys of life yet. I would be much more content if he has yet to experience so much. It makes it more...worth it-."

"N-no!" I cry, gasping at their words. "So what if Ezra is a 'Class X' - doesn't that mean he can bring our family to it's highest peak? Why do we have to listen to those old, crusty Vol's anyway-?"

"Xavion don't ever say that!" My mom shrieks at me. I just stare at her in disbelief to her behavior.

My father had no emotion to it. It didn't bother them that they were going to...take their own son's life.

"How...do you call yourselves killing him? You can't...just do that."

"He...he can become Head Alpha! It was originally going to be you, but we can go about this accordingly.  How about that-?"

"Wait...you're only making him Head Alpha for purposes like that? Don't do that!" I yell at them. "If he's Head Alpha instead of me, okay - great! But if you're letting him become such a thing for purposes that involve his death...fuck that-!"

"Xavion watch your mouth." My dad says calmly as if that would defer my anger. "This is for all of us."

"Really?" I raise my eyebrow at him, and he nods. "You both really think it's for us?"

They both nod again, and I scoff as I rush to the doors.

"Don't bullshit me." I growl, leaving their room.

It's only about them.

____parents downfall; 16____

I let my pheromones rivet throughout the room, seeing them both collapse to their knees before me. I see them hold the knives in their hands and them be directed at themselves.

My own eyes glare upon them as I saw that they wanted to cry. How could they cry...as if they weren't going to do this to Ezra? If not worse?

"You should be thanking me." I say softly to them. My eyes divert off of them as I hear the sound of the knife piercing their guts.