Chapter 1: Who?

~Ian's POV~

I work in a little coffee shop, creatively named 'The Coffee Shop', and nothing interesting ever happens there. That is until..he walked in that door (cliche as it sounds). And I suppose that is when this story really starts..

It was a normal day of work for me on that late afternoon, taking orders, serving them. Polite customers, not so polite customers, the average day pretty much. I had just gotten on my break and was heading out the door, looking at my phone intending to call my friend Mari with my small amount of spare time, when..something hit me. No, literally, someone hit me with the glass front door. I stumbled back, clutching my forehead and dropping my phone to the ground in the process. I felt a strong grip on my shoulder to keep me from falling and heard laughing from some of my asshole co-workers, who found it funny how clumsy and uncoordinated I was.

"Whoa, careful there," I heard a deep and silky-smooth voice say to me. Oh my, that voice is very hypnotic in a way. 

I released my head and glanced up, almost doing a double take at the guy who went along with the voice standing in front of me. He was breathtakingly good looking with big brown eyes and dark, almost black, hair that went along perfectly with his sun-kissed tan skin. He was only a bit taller than me, a few inches maybe, but with the attitude he seemed to possess he looked taller and more intimidating than me by far.

"I-I'm sorry, Sir. That was my bad, I wasn't looking where I was going," I spluttered out in response as I trained my eyes on the floor that suddenly seemed very interesting when I was caught in the gaze of the handsome stranger.

I glanced up as he raised his eyebrows, with a small yet somehow devilish smirk on his face. "Be more careful next time, okay? Don't want you damaging your cute little face." He patted my shoulder and brushed past me to walk towards the counter. I turned and watched him go, my eyes gravitating down his body, straight to his backside. I couldn't stop my mind from getting these little dirty thoughts before I removed my view from his butt as he turned around and gave me a wink. I blushed a deep red, knowing I'd been very much caught so blatantly staring, and picked my phone up off the floor, checking for any cracks or chips before finally pushing the door open to call Mari to tell her my shift will be over soon so she can come pick me up.

~

I pushed the door open again and walked to the back of the shop, closing the employee's bathroom door behind me. I stood in front of the mirror, touching my forehead with a wince of pain. The bright red mark will be there a while, for sure. I frowned and jumped a bit as my phone buzzed in my pocket, telling me my break was over.

I put my biggest smile on my face as I entered back into the main shop. I walked up to my manager, Melanie, to see who I have to deliver to next. I smiled a real smile at her and said, "so all knowing Melanie, who am I, as a good servant, serving first?"

We could joke like this because of how close we'd been for years considering we'd met when we'd both been awkward teenagers, finding friendship in both of us being so nervous for our first day of work at our first jobs; a friendship I've treasured for all these years.

She laughed, "funny enough, good sir, a handsome gentleman has requested for you specifically to bring him his two coffees," she said, adding a wink at the end.

I scrunched my eyebrows together in confusion but nodded anyway. I picked up the tray containing the two mugs of coffee and read the table number off the order. Table four. I focused on my feet as I walked across the shop, heading to said table. I was attempting not to trip, not being a fan of spilling scalding liquid all over me (which may or may not have happened before). I didn't glance up once while placing the tray on the table, sighing in relief when the first coffee was off the tray safely and I was lifting the second when I heard a voice, that voice. The same one from when I had practically received brain damage after getting my head rammed with a door.