Chapter 18: Lost.

*No one's POV*

Anthony Padilla was, to say the least, lost. His life for the past while had been centered around a certain guy, who was no longer on speaking terms with him.

Anthony was scared, scared he'd lost Ian, who was oh so dear to him these days. It was stupid, really. He'd only known the guy for a few months, he shouldn't mean much to him.

But here he was, feeling like a hormonal teenager with a pathetic school girl crush on a boy. He was curled up in a ball on his couch, in the early morning, his head heavily resting on the blanket Ian had gotten him for Christmas, the green one with the golden triforce that was well-known as the symbol of The Legend of Zelda series.

To top it off, he was wearing the other present Ian had given him, a nice red sweater with a red Mario mushroom on the front. He was cuddled up in both, trying to ignore the way his stomach churned as he thought about the harsh words he had directed at Ian yesterday. Ian, the guy that even with all of Anthony's faults, had stayed by his side these last few months.

 He fucked up, he fucked up bad.

He spent several minutes staring blankly at the T.V and not paying attention to whatever stupid news program was saying when he received a text. He scrambled to reach for his phone, practically falling off the couch in his haste to see if it was Ian.

His hopes were dampened when he noticed it was just Dan. He unlocked the phone anyway, confused at Dan's cryptic text.

 You home?

To: Dan Howell

 Yea, why?

From: Dan Howell

Good, cause I'm outside already.

What?

~

When he opened the door he was in no way prepared for the look of annoyance that graced Dan's face as he stomped into Anthony's apartment. "Uh, hi?" Anthony said tentatively, not knowing where he stood right now.

"Hey, dickhead," was Dan's instantaneous response.

"Dude, what the hell is wrong with you?"

"No. What the hell is wrong with you?" When he realized Anthony wasn't gonna answer he continued, "you hurt Ian a lot, you idiot."

Anthony was taken aback. "What do you mean? He kicked me out when I tried to explain."

Now was when Dan's height really came in handy for him, he was four inches taller then Anthony and had a broad shouldered build, therefore making him quite intimidating when he wanted to be. He set his jaw angrily and glared at Anthony, until the older guy was leaning away from the angered Brit.

"Listen here Anthony, I get that what you've got going for you with all these girls is nice for you, but you're being an utter and complete twat," he paused to breathe deeply, looking uneasy with his next words, "I know how he feels, to like someone who will never like you back. But I've dealt with it for years, I know my feelings and how to handle them. You seem to be the only person he's willing to have an interest in, outside of in a friendship way. No matter how much of an arse you are, he keeps coming back to you, and he hurts himself more and more each time in the process."

Anthony was lost again, lost for words. Dan darkly chuckled at the dumbfounded look that Anthony held on his face. "And do you know what sucks the most for Ian? You always hurt him again, you keep showing up at his house, or his work, but only when it's convenient for you. Never when he's crumbling, only when you see fit. And for one god damn second you made all of us believe that you with your stone cold heart when it comes to relationships, finally found someone who would encourage you to be a better person. Like he has been doing for all this time. And when he gives you that attention, you give it right back. Letting him play with your hair, being so nice around him, yadda, yadda, yadda. But literally, you're being a fucking cunt."

Anthony opened his mouth, then shut it. Then opened it again, spoke. "I don't mean to hurt him, I warned him from the beginning: I don't do relationships."

Dan rolled his eyes, keeping up his sassy and sarcastic attitude. "Seriously? You dated Kalel for, like, two years or something. So that's bullshit. And here you are wearing that sweater he got you for Christmas and, oh, is that the blanket he got you on your couch over there?"

"Kalel and I are through, a long time ago. Don't bring that old flame up here," Anthony said, trying to keep an emotionless edge to his voice.

Then, Dan the man, struck a raw nerve. "Or is it that you just don't want to be known as the gay boy with a soft spot for the guy with a bowl-haircut?"

Anthony's eyes lit, like a match, and he shoved his hands painfully against Dan's chest, sending the taller man stumbling backwards. "I don't fucking care what you think, Dan. You keep speculating and making up dumb theories all you want, but you're not going to change anything by showing up here. Now just leave me alone, for Christ's sake," he forcefully spoke, his voice low and dark.

The British lad quickly regained his composure, standing up straight once again and crossing his arms across his chest. "Fine I'll leave, I've said what I needed to say."

He calmly walked out of Anthony's apartment, but not without harshly bumping his shoulder against Anthony's on his way out.

Anthony sighed as the door slammed shut behind Dan, turning around to see Pip sitting on the floor in front of him. He reached down to pick him up, only receiving a hiss in response. "Come on Pip, you can't be mad at me too." He bent to lift the cat up, this time receiving a scratched hand as a warning.

He jumped back, letting the cat scamper off somewhere in the home. He sighed as he washed the cut out with cold water and put a band-aid over it a few minutes later. Maybe he should call Ian.

He shook his head as he strolled back over to his couch, no, if he wants to talk he'll call me himself, he thought stubbornly.

But his phone was sitting right there on the table, practically begging him.

 Ah, screw it.

He unlocked it and went to Ian's contact, Blue Eyes :), which made his heart beat speed up. He clicked the call button, throat constricted with nerves. 

Ring. Ring. Ring. Nothing. Call denied.

He tried again. Ring. Nothing, call denied.

He groaned in frustration, he hated being ignored. Is that how Ian had been feeling when Anthony hadn't answered him for all those days?

He wrapped the blanket he had been previously using as a pillow around himself, curling up on the couch in a little huddle of confusion.

Anthony Padilla was lost.

A.N.: I'm sorry this chapter was such shit and I might re-write it later, I'm sick and so, so tired from school. BUT ANYWAY 3K READS OMG:D Thanks to anyone who has given this story a quick read or has been here from the start, whether you vote, or comment, or just read, it means so much to me:))