Chapter 20: Happy.

~Ian's POV~

I was rudely awakened half an hour after getting home and falling asleep. And by rudely awakened, I mean that someone was climbing into bed with me. And by someone I, of course, mean Anthony.

I dragged my eyes open and noticed the way the bed dipped slightly beside me. "Hmm? Anthony what are you doing in here?"

"Dude, your couch is uncomfortable as fuck. I'm just gonna sleep in here." He said it so casually, as if we did this everyday

"Uh-" he interrupted me before I could even say a real word, "-Come on dude, don't be a wimp. I'm not gonna do anything inappropriate, so don't worry about it."

And I, like the idiot I am, just nodded and waited as he got under the covers beside me. I was cold and usually I would just get more blankets but I was too beat to do much of anything. Anthony's foot accidentally bumped against mine as he was trying to get comfortable and I heard his quick gasp. "Ian, your feet are freezing."

"No, no, I'm all good." He just shook his head and took to making me warm.

He wrapped his arms around my waist from behind, dragging me closer, and intertwined our legs, therefore making us spooning. I imagined that when I cuddled with someone I liked it would be a girl and I would be big spoon; but this felt nice all the same.

I felt Anthony's warm breathing on the back of my neck as he asked "you warm enough now?"

I just nodded again, lost for words at all the feelings that were running through me. "Hey, Blue Eyes? You still awake?" He whispered a few minutes later, seeming concerned he would break the peaceful atmosphere.

"Barely. What is it?"

"I was just wondering if you liked me? I told you I liked you, but you never said the same back." He seemed worried, as if he thought I would reject him.

I laughed, feeling affection for this special guy lying with me right then. "Of course I do, you idiot. As if it wasn't obvious enough by everything I've done."

I couldn't see him, but I just knew he was smiling that infectious grin of his. "How much do you like me?"

I thought over that, really thought it over before answering. "A lot, I don't know quite how to put it. It's not love, though I've never been in love before, but I think..I think that, over time, I could love you."

I was kind of embarrassed to have admitted that to him. When he didn't answer I rolled over to face him, surprised to see the joy being displayed on his face. He wrapped his arms tighter around me, causing my head to rest on his chest. I felt his laugh. "you looked so scared Ian, I just couldn't resist. But I think.." I looked up at him, hearing his heart beat getting faster. He dropped his voice to the lowest volume he could without not being heard, "I don't know what's going to happen.."

I sighed."Don't continue, it might ruin the moment. Let's just sleep."

I rested my head back on his chest more, comforted by the now regular beating of his heart. To get more comfortable I splayed one arm across his stomach as he lay on his back and the other rested under my head. I felt myself drifting off, drawn into the relief of sleep. And I didn't know if it was reality or my imagination when I felt lips on my forehead and a soft voice whispering, "I think I could love you too, Ian."

~

I was awoken when a soft blow struck me over the head, a pillow no doubt. I just groaned, curling up into a ball under the covers. "Get up, we slept longer than we were supposed to."

I poked my head out from under the covers, seeing Anthony standing by my window; which displayed the dark night sky. I fumbled for my phone on the nightstand, squinting when I saw the bright screen. 7:30 PM. Wow, what happened to Anthony having a nap? That was a full on sleep, considering we got here around 1:00 PM.