Chapter 11: Ianthony?

~Ian's POV~ 

I stood up and stretched my arms in front of me, feeling a slight itch under the duct tape where my tattoo is. I can't believe Anthony actually convinced me to do this. He seems to be all too good at convincing me to do stupid things with him these days. Just last week I let him convince me to try a cigarette. He doesn't smoke often, every couple weeks, but he told me to try it and kept pestering me until I agreed. I really, really don't recommend it, for several reasons. But yeah, I tend to do stupid things when I'm with him. 

I didn't even realize I was lost in my mind until Anthony's voice called me over. "Ian! Come on daydreamer, I payed. Time to go to your party."

I jolted out of my thoughts and speed-walked across the room to where Kalel was as Anthony walked out to get the car started. I smiled at her when she looked up at me. "Thanks, you know, for the tattoo and all."

She gave me another blindingly bright smile and came around the counter to hug me tightly, catching me slightly off guard, but I was getting accustomed to her surprise hugs. "Hey it's no problem for the birthday boy! Or birthday man, I suppose." She paused for a second and then said something that surprised me,"I ship it."

I tilted my head to the side slightly in confusion and she laughed as she stepped back behind the counter. I decided to question her quickly because I know Anthony must be getting impatient waiting for me. "Ship what? What are you talking about?"

"Ianthony, of course," she stated, like it was the most obvious thing in the world and I'm just stupid or something. 

"Ianthony? What the hell is an Ianthony?"

She rolled her eyes. "Ian plus Anthony, together. Now go, you're gonna be late to your own party," she said, doing a hand motion to shoo me off. 

I gave her one last exasperated glance and headed out the door, opening the passenger side and jumping into Anthony's car and doing up my seat belt. He rolled his eyes in mock-annoyance, "Ian what took you so long? Were you and Kalel having some girl talk?" He teased, using a high-pitched voice.  

I laughed and played along. "Yeah we were discussing when she's gonna take me out to get my nails done next." I told him, examining my nails and using a 'white girl' voice. 

He gave a laugh of his own and started the car, pulling out of the parking lot and starting our drive to Dan and Phil's house. I couldn't help but think about what Kalel said..maybe Ianthony does have a nice ring to it. 

~

I knocked at the door to the Dan and Phil house and we waited patiently for them to open it, me adjusting Anthony's sweatshirt he had given me to borrow in the car to hide my new tattoo from the others. When my knock was answered we were greeted with a smiling Phil. "Hey Ian! Happy Birthday! And uh..hey Anthony." Did I forget to mention all my friends were kind of tentative around Anthony? Because they are. 

"Thanks, dude. Can we come in now by any chance?" I asked teasingly, causing him to roll his eyes and step to the side to let us in. 

Phil shut the door behind us once we were inside and guided us to the living room, where I was shocked to discover we were the last one's here. Adding onto Dan and Phil there was Mari and Melanie obviously, Josh, Wes, my good friend Amra (Flitz), Matt, and David. I mostly invited Matt and David to make Anthony more comfortable, but they really are pretty nice I've discovered over the past month. (And I'm still trying to get Mari and Matt to talk...OTP bitches).

I saw a little pile of presents sitting on the coffee table and felt my smile grow as wide as my face would allow it, what did I do to deserve such amazing friends?