Chapter 4: Pain.

~Ian's POV~

It seemed like they would never leave the stupid coffee shop. They have been here for an hour already, it's getting annoying hearing the constant laughing from that table. Phil and I had been laughing and talking together and I keep seeing Dan shooting jealous looks my way, making me feel accomplished that I was causing him to stop paying attention to Anthony for seconds at a time to spare looks towards Phil and I chatting. 

Anthony would occasionally turn his head and look at me angrily, probably most likely mad with the fact that I was helping distract his 'friend'. And said 'friend' seemed immune to Anthony's constant attempts at flirting, instead staring more and more constantly at his 'best friend'. I had my suspicions  though about the 'best friend' thing. I had a feeling they were closer to being boyfriends, just neither would admit it. 

When my shift ended another hour later they were still there. I sighed as I placed my apron back on it's hook in the staff room, walking back out to the counter to say goodbye to Melanie and Phil. But then I saw one of my asshole co-workers, Sawyer, (A.N.: I'm so sorry Sawyer for making you a dick, I love you<3 and it's just for the story) walking towards me. I lowered my head and tried to brush past him without interruption as I walked behind the counter, but, as per usual, his shoulder harshly bumped mine, causing me to stumble back and hit my sore behind against the edge of the counter. I held back a sound of pain and felt my eyes burn with tears.  

Sawyer stopped and spoke to me harshly, putting a hand roughly on my shoulder. "Don't be such a baby, Hecox. You should be used to it by now, it's our greeting."

I nodded, even as one tear slipped out, because it mother fucking hurt, and spoke. "Y-yeah sorry Sawyer, I'm just being a baby."

He opened his mouth to respond until his eyes landed on something, or someone, behind me, causing him to shut his mouth instantly. ''What seems to be the problem here?'' Anthony Freaking Padilla asked from behind me. I gulped in nervousness as I saw Sawyer lean farther away from me and remove his hand from my shoulder. 

I did not need Anthony to stand up for me. I was handling it just fine on my own. "Nothing, Padilla, Sawyer and I were just joking around before I leave for the bus stop." I told him, laughing humorlessly.

I turned to see him with a raised eyebrow but he didn't seem like he would call me out on my lie, not that he has any right to anyway. I waved goodbye to Sawyer with a fake smile on my face and turned away, brushing past Anthony on my way to the door.

I saw no trace of Dan and I heard his footsteps trailing at a safe distance behind me as I left the shop, causing me to try and walk faster. I paused as I saw the bus go by. Sigh. Now I have to wait for half an hour till' the next one comes by. I got lost in my thoughts for a second, pulled out of them by a hand on my shoulder. I gulped and straightened my back before turning to face him. I felt my heart beat speed up and my throat go dry as I saw how ethereal he looked with the light breeze whipping his hair messily around. I was brought back from my thoughts, yet again, as his fingers touched my cheek. I lifted my hand and pushed his off my face.  He blinked in surprise and cleared his throat, ''Blue Eyes..'' I interrupted him.

"It's Ian. Not Blue Eyes. Just Ian." I said sternly. 

He looked surprisingly disappointed, but regained his attitude a second later. Responding with: ''Fine, 'Just Ian', let me give you a ride home."

"Hell no. I'd rather wait for the bus than be in a car with you for any amount of time," I said shaking my head a little too fast. 

He takes a step closer to me, reminding me of last night in that backyard and in the..bedroom. I shivered involuntarily. "Trust me. You do not want to sit on a hard bench for that long in your..condition I suppose I could say," he attempts to coax me with a sweet tone of voice. 

Love Me Like You Do (Ianthony AU)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara