Chapter 30: Amazing.

~Ian's POV~

I woke up the next morning, alone. I stretched an arm out to wrap around Anthony, only to find nothing but empty sheets next to me. 

I sat up straight immediately, panic radiating through me. Fuck. Not again. 

He left me the morning after, again. I groaned and got up from the bed, panic being overrun by sadness and anger. I slipped on my boxers and grabbed a pair of sweatpants from my drawer, heading out into my hallway with drooping shoulders. 

I went to the bathroom and did my business, glancing at myself in the mirror as I was washing my hands. My hair was tussled and, to put it bluntly, it was definitely sex-hair. My chest and neck were dotted with red marks, a large purple hickey inked onto the side of my neck. My lips were red and swollen, obviously from much too harsh kisses. 

I sighed and left the bathroom after clicking off the light, a sigh leaving my lips. I should have known it was too good to be true. 

"Oh, hey," a sudden voice interrupted my walk of shame back to my room. "I just went out to get some breakfast, so I hoped you'd sleep until I got back."

I stopped him from continuing his words when I darted down the hall to leap into his arms. My legs wrapped around his waist and he tumbled backwards onto the floor with me on top of him, the bag he'd been holding falling out of his hands. "Oh, uh, hi?" He muttered, clearly confused by my enthusiasm. 

My body was still sore, even more so now, but I didn't care. He hadn't left me really, just went to get breakfast for us (which was actually really sweet). I buried my head in the crook of his neck, "I thought you left me." 

He laughed slightly. "Of course not, you doughnut. I thought breakfast in bed would be good for you and I definitely didn't think you'd be running at me."

I rolled my eyes before getting off of him and hobbling to my feet, "spur of the moment. I'm still in pain, thanks. You dick." 

He rolled his eyes back at me, "it's not my fault! You definitely weren't protesting when I was-" I slapped my hand over his mouth, cheeks flushing pink in embarrassment.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, I get it. And you can still bring me breakfast in bed you know. Just give me a few minutes." And then I was meandering back down the hall and into my bedroom, Daisy following close behind. I settled back under the sheets and waited patiently for Anthony to bring me food. 

His footsteps echoed down the hall as he approached the room, appearing in the doorway a second later with a cheeky smile on his face. He plopped himself onto the bed beside me, opening the bag to pull out two separately wrapped objects and handed one to me. I smiled, vegan tacos. Who would'a guessed it?

As soon as we'd both finished our two tacos each, I threw the wrappers and bags in the garbage can by my bed, settling back onto the pillows with a content smile on my face. "Hey, do you mind if I put some music on?" 

I turned to face him on my side, eyebrows raised speculatively. "Depends, what kinda music?" 

"Just something quiet and relaxing as background noise." I nodded and he grabbed his phone from the side table by my bed, selecting a quite relaxing musical song with no lyrics. 

"What song is this?" I questioned, curious as to where the song came from.

"Not really sure, just have it on my phone in the instrumental section as something I found relaxing."

I huffed and rolled my eyes. "Of course you don't know. It is nice though."

Anthony hummed in agreement and I felt a yawn make it's way from my mouth, causing Anthony to smile affectionately at me. "You tired still?" I nodded. "Not surprised, it's only eight. You should get more sleep, babe."