Chapter 26: Date.

~Ian's POV~

"Awe, our little Ian is growing up!" Mari exclaimed as her and Melanie danced around my room on the evening of the big day.

I rolled my eyes as they went through my closet to help pick out the perfect outfit for my..date. A smile spread across my face at that, who ever thought that I of all people would be going on a date with Anthony Padilla?

He told me to dress casual but not too casual..and I had no idea what that meant so I summoned my two friends to give me some style advice. Mel held a shirt option up in front of me, a turquoise-green button up t-shirt, and she clapped her hands in success as she set it down on my bed. "Perfect! It compliments your eyes loads and it'll look great."

I nodded and plopped into my spinney desk chair as they sorted through my collection of jeans before settling on my tightest pair of black ones, my ones that Mari insisted would make my butt look good. I sprang from my seated position with a "hey!" when they started to go through my drawer full of boxers though.

"Personal items! I can choose my own underwear thank you very much."

They rolled their eyes, as if they couldn't believe that I wasn't letting them choose for me. What did it matter anyway? No one would be seeing my underwear tonight. (But I chose my nicest pair anyway, black Calvin Klein's. Because why not?)

I grabbed fresh socks and laid them out next to my now chosen outfit. I looked over the complete set, nodding in approval at the choices made.

I shooed the girls out of my room so I could dress, smile never leaving my face as I changed and dragged a hair brush through my messy hair to tame it, returning it to it's usual bowl shape. I exited my room to dart across the hallway to my bathroom to brush my teeth (for the third time in the last twenty minutes). I checked my watch as I brushed, nearly spitting out the toothpaste when I noticed the time. 6:55. He said he'd be here at 7:00!

I brushed double time and rinsed my mouth out and spraying on my best smelling cologne, rushing out of the room to grab my shoes and shove them on my feet clumsily as I danced around on one foot to get them on as fast as possible. I'd just finished when I heard the doorbell ring as if on cue, causing me to stop fiddling with my shoelaces and make a run for the door before Melanie or Mari could get there first.

But my rush was in vain, they were already talking to him when I peaked my head around the corner to listen in on their conversation. "Okay, Padilla. You be nice to him or else I, descendant of the ninjas, will beat your ass." I held back a laugh at Mari's threat in order to listen to Mel.

"Yeah and get him home at a decent time or we'll find you and drag him back here. And no funny business whatsoever."

What are they, my parents? I stepped out from behind my hiding spot and cleared my throat to get their attention and save Anthony from further embarrassment. He smiled when his eyes met mine and I grabbed my fake leather jacket off the rack, walking past Melanie and Mari to greet him with a quick hug.

We were both blushing messes when we pulled away, hearing the girls awing behind us. "Are you guys just going to stay here until I get back?"

Melanie gave me a shove to encourage me out the door, "go, have fun. Of course we'll be waiting here because I'm sure we'll have lots to talk about."

I didn't bother with a real response as I gave a final wave of goodbye before Anthony and I exited the house, door being shut behind us.

"Okay," he said, "let me just tell you that you look really fucking cute."

I gave him a once-over, admiring his tight blue jeans and his long-sleeved gray shirt with his bullet necklace on and a black hoodie. He looked..perfect as ever. Which still made me question why he'd even want to be seen with someone as plain as I. "You don't look so bad yourself."