Chapter 5: Drowning.

~Ian's POV~

I skipped work the next day. I did really need the money, but it was not worth the risk of seeing him. God, I'm so humiliated and shamed.

I'll just pick up an extra shift next week or something.  I needed to tell someone. I need to vent. So, I called the only person who I knew would actually help me, Mari. I was willing to face the wrath she would bring with her just to get her support afterwards. That makes me pretty brave. 

 When she got to my house she stormed inside without knocking, catching me off guard. "Ian Andrew Hecox. Where the hell did you go on Friday night? And ignoring my texts yesterday? You had me worried sick, young man." She said sternly. 

"First of all you are not that much older than me. Secondly, I, uh, was busy Friday night." I mumbled, my cheeks lighting up with a blush.

She gasped. "Ian! Please, please, please tell me you did not sleep with Anthony Padilla?"

"Uh..about that.."

 "You fucking idiot! I specifically told you to stay away from him. I knew this would happen. You were too innocent, he's such a dick for taking advantage of you like that-"I interrupted her rant before she could continue. 

"-I-I know Mari. I'm an idiot it's just.." I felt myself start to tear up."He was so charming. I thought he might actually like me. And he did not exactly take advantage of me, it takes two to tango I guess. And I k-know now how stupid I was to think he could even consider having feelings for me, but I just thought.." I didn't know how to continue, I truly didn't. 

Her face changed into one of pity, making me feel even worse, and she opened her arms to draw me into a hug. She patted my back reassuringly and hesitated before speaking. ''I thought he wasn't supposed to be at the party at all?'' 

"It was a lie. It was a setup to get me to go, so he could convince me into doing.. stuff." God, I'm so awkward. 

She pulled away from the hug and I could see the anger taking over her normally happy face. "What the fuck?! Matt lied to us, he lied to me..fuck this shit. I'm going over to his house and having some words with him. And if Anthony is there..oh he's gonna be sorry he ever decided to mess with you."

She turned to do one of her 'dramatic exits' but I grabbed her arm. ''Mari wait! Can I come? Please.'' I begged, giving my best puppy dog face. 

She looked indecisive before she nodded. "Fine. But you go back to the car if Anthony is there."

I nodded and we left the house after saying goodbye to Daisy and locking the door.

        *Mari's POV* ^.^

I pulled up to Matt's house and saw the second car in the driveway. Ian had explained the whole story on the drive here, and I am angrier than I have been in a long, long, time. "Ian, is that Anthony's car?" 

"Uh, yeah. I think so." He answered slowly, giving me a nervous look. 

"Okay. You stay here then, and late me handle this." I finished talking and cracked my knuckles, then getting out of the car and locking it behind me.

Let's do this shit, shall we? I squared my shoulders and walked up the path to the house that Matt and his friend, David (Lasercorn), shared. I brought my hand up and knocked harshly on the door, hurting my knuckles slightly. Matt opened it not long after and I saw David and the douche-bag (a.k.a. Anthony) standing a bit behind him. Matt's eyes widened in surprise before he gave me a grin. "Mari! Surprise to see you here, want to come in?"

I crossed my arms and stayed where I was. "No, I'm good here, but I need to have a word with you," I pointed my finger behind him at Anthony, "and him."

David backed away. "No one ever wants to hear those words, good luck guys." He patted Anthony's shoulder and wandered off into the house. 

Anthony stepped up to the doorway beside Matt and gave me a small smile, causing me to scowl angrily at him. I decided to get the easier part done first. "Matt you lied to me! You said Anthony wouldn't be at the party and I brought Ian and now.. Ian is different. He isn't the same. If you hadn't so obviously lied to me none of this would have happened." I paused to catch my breath and turned my face to look at Anthony. He shifted uncomfortably as I kept my gaze on him. 

"And you! You are such an asshole, you know that? You are a slut! A man-whore, slut, whatever. You are one. And you hurt an innocent, gullible and kind guy who didn't know what to expect and was slightly intoxicated the other night and you don't feel any remorse. You took advantage of his innocence and now he has changed, he can't walk right because of pain and he's scared. I've got him waiting in that damn car because I don't want him near you, and he told me how you yelled at him earlier. As if he doesn't get picked on enough by everyone else. Ugh. Just stay away from! Actually, on second thought, both of you stay away from both of us from now on. Now if you don't mind, I'll be going to take Ian to the doctor now." I spun away, then feeling a grip on my elbow. 

I yanked my arm free as I turned around and saw Anthony, his eyebrows scrunched together in confusion. "Why are you taking him to the doctors?" He questioned. 

I rolled my eyes. "If you must freaking know, he needs painkillers or something I'm not sure. All I know is that he can't walk right at all and he needs a doctors advice. I hope you get an STD Padilla, goodbye." I walked away, feeling proud of myself. 

~Ian's POV~

I watched from the car, feeling uncomfortable sitting on the stiff seats. Or sitting at all for that matter. I turned and stared straight ahead instead, getting distracted with the pretty flowers that were planted in pots in front of the house. Orchids I think. Hey a guy can appreciate flowers, sue me. 

I jumped in surprise as the car door opened and Mari slid into her seat. She started the car and pulled out of the driveway, I glanced in the rear-view mirror as we drove away and I immediately wished I hadn't, seeing Anthony staring as we drove off. I feel like I'm drowning just seeing him. Oh, how my life has changed in the span of just a few days. Little did I know, it was going to get much worse. 

A.N.: High-five to Mari for defending Ian's honour! 

P.s. if there are mistakes in this chapter I apologize. It's late and I have a huge ass headache:/