Chapter 28: Perfect.

A.N.: Fuck, I wish I had a cover for this story, it looks so bad without one but I can't make it XD And enjoy this, terribly written, fluff-filled chapter from the romantic day of the year that single people despise.

~Ian's POV~

February 14th

I adjusted my striped tie carefully, making sure it was perfectly straight. I looked down at my socked feet, smiling when I saw the pink fabric of them before I put on my shoes. The suit jacket was slipped on next over my pale blue dress shirt. A glance in the mirror made me really get the vibes of how fancy I looked, I think I look pretty presentable actually. l I checked my watch, 6:00. Perfect timing

I looked at Mari who was putting her earrings on in the mirror, "you almost ready to go Mari?"

She nodded and turned to face me, doing a twirl in her midnight blue dress. "How do I look? Do I look okay? Should I change quick because I did bring another dress."

"Mari. You definitely don't need to change."I patted her shoulder as she slipped on her flats, "you look great, don't worry about it. What's the guys name again?"

She smiled, "Peter. He's really sweet."

I pouted as we walked to my front door, me holding the door open for her as we headed to the car. "What happened to Matt? OTP."

She shook her head and unlocked the car, both of us taking our seats before she pulled out of the driveway. "I think we may just be better off as friends. But if something is meant to happen, it'll happen one day."

We fell into a comfortable and companionable silence as she drove, pulling up to my stop first. Anthony and I had planned this well, to meet at this super fancy restaurant where we would split the cost of the dinner and then go for a walk in our favorite park and go back to his apartment for the night (not in a dirty way, you perverts).

I opened the door, turning back to Mari with a second thought. "Good luck on your date, he better treat you right." She leaned over to shove my arm, a silent way of telling me to get out of her car.

I waved as she pulled out of the crowded parking lot and I took one deep breath in and out as I entered the glass doors of the busy restaurant. Everything on the inside was clean and expensive, and I searched for Anthony with my eyes. When I saw him I swear my heart stopped for a second before resuming it's normal beat.

He was in a classic black and white suit, but the smile on his face made him look so ethereal that it just about took my breath away. His face was a rosy red to rival mine as he pecked me on the cheek, "hi, Blue Eyes. You look amazing," he complimented with a sweet voice.

"Thanks, you do too."

"Shall we go to our seats?"

"We shall."

Anthony walked up to the man behind the desk, weaving through people waiting for a table on the way. "Hi, we have a reservation for two? Under Hecox and Padilla."

The man waved over a waiter who led us to our table in the far corner of the restaurant, out of view from almost everyone else. Perfect.

"Can I get you two anything to drink tonight?"

"I'll just have a water, thanks." Anthony said the same and the waiter left, leaving us to observe the decor (and, not so discreetly, each other).

I broke the silence after a minute, "so what're you gonna have?"

He glanced up from the menu in his hands, "I was thinking the vegan spaghetti and not-meat-meatballs. How about you?"

I smiled affectionately, "funny. I was thinking the same thing. And with a kale salad as a starter perhaps?"