Chapter 7: Friends?

~Ian's POV~

I woke up at around six in the morning, feeling warm due to the other person on the bed, even without blankets. I felt the presence of Anthony's arm around me and pried my eyes open, seeing the still mostly dark sky through the window. I wiggled out of his grip and stumbled out of the bed, feeling uncomfortable in my tight jeans. I undid my belt then the the button and zipper of  my pants and slid them off my legs, along with my shoes of course, discarding them on the floor for now. I crawled back into bed, under the covers this time, and turned to face Anthony. 

"Wow." Was the only word that came to mind when I saw him like this. 

He looked..peaceful. And calm. A rare sight. No sign of the usual smirk on his lips as he slept, snoring quietly, just a relaxed expression. Such a contrast to how he usually was. He shifted in his sleep and shuffled closer to me, looking cold all of a sudden. He buried his head in the crook of my neck and I nearly laughed at his sleep neediness. One of his arms wrapped around my waist and he settled down again, appreciating my warmth I suppose. 

I didn't realize I had drifted off again until Anthony suddenly detached from me, the clock on the end table showing it was around 9 o' clock now. He sat up with a groan and I had to stifle my laugh at the fact he had a hangover, that's what he gets for drinking too much. I sat up, shoving the blankets off of me, and stretched once I was standing. I grabbed my jeans off the floor and pulled them on, doing them up and sliding my belt through the loops. I slipped my sneakers on and bent to tie them, when I heard him speak. 

"Where are you going?" He actually sounded quite concerned, good acting. 

"Home," I responded, devoid of all emotion as I finished tying my shoes and turned to face him. 

"Why? I didn't do anything wrong this time, why are you leaving?" He questioned, making me feel furious. 

"I promised I would stay until you woke up, you're awake. And that's already more than what you gave me." I said, reminding him of when he abandoned me after our night together.

"I'm sorry about that," he said, talking again after seeing me roll my eyes in disbelief. "No, seriously. I am sorry."

"Fine, whatever." I don't know why I haven't left yet, I should just walk out now. But I can't. 

"Look, Blue Eyes, I just want to start over. Please, we can be friends."

I considered it and, against my better judgment, I nodded at him. "Fine. We can be friends, but if you try anything..just don't."

A smile lit up his face and he jumped to his feet, walking over to me and wrapping his arms around me in a bear hug. I stood stiffly until he released me, causing me to relax instantly. 

He groaned again and gripped his head, me suddenly remembering his hangover. "Do you want me to drive you home?" I offered politely. 

He smiled at me again, showing off the dimples I just noticed he had, and nodded happily. "Thanks, I can come get my car tomorrow."

To say Mari and Melanie were mad I forgot about them was an understatement. I realized this as soon as I got home, considering they were waiting for me inside my house; having used the spare key, which I had informed them to only use in an emergency when I told them it's location several months back, to get inside. I gulped and petted Daisy as she came to greet me, hoping they wouldn't ask me about my night. Sadly, my prayers were not answered. 

"Ian Andrew Hecox, where did you wander off to last night?" Mari asked sternly, as they both simultaneously crossed their arms, freaking me out a bit. 

Although the question sounded completely normal, the use of my full name suggested I was walking on thin ice here, one wrong move and I'm dead. "I just got bored and passed out in a random room, sorry I kinda forgot about you guys." I nervously scratched the back of my neck as their judge-mental stares bore into me. 

Mari took a step closer to me and gave me a serious look. "Ian, we know you're lying. Josh told me this morning that he saw you dragging a drunk Anthony Padilla somewhere last night. Now I'm gonna ask again, where did you wander off to?"And I guess I broke that thin ice. 

I sighed, giving up, and felt a myself blush all the way to my ears as I told them the truth. "He came up to me while he was drunk and was trying to hit on me, but I shoved him and he fell so I felt bad. I helped him up and brought him upstairs so he woldn't do anything too stupid, I really was intending to just leave him in a spare bedroom. But when I tried to leave him he grabbed me and god..'' I paused to catch my breath before continuing."He started to freaking cry, and I couldn't just leave him after he started telling me how sorry he was, among other things. So I just laid down with him till' he fell asleep, and at some point I fell asleep too I guess.." I trailed off, not knowing what else to say. 

I walked over to my couch and plopped down on it tiredly. Melanie and Mari shared a look of confusion before Mel spoke up. "Ian..are you saying you made Anthony Padilla..cry?"

I shrugged. "I suppose you could say that."

My phone decided now would be a good time to get an alert and went off loudly in my pocket. I pulled it out to see I had an incoming phone call from a number I didn't recognize. I scrunched my eyebrows together in confusion and answered it. 

"Hey Blue Eyes! Good of you to finally answer." It was immediately obvious who it was. I vaguely remember giving him my number as I dropped him off earlier, but I didn't think he would call this soon. 

"Uh, hey. Now might not be the best time to chat."

 "Why? Are you being Ian-napped? Do you need me to rescue you?" I felt myself smile at his weird sense of humor. 

"No don't worry, I'm fine. I'm just, um, in the middle of something."

"Are you watching porn or something?" I felt myself blush immediately. 

"No! I'm just talking to some friends."

"But we're friends now and you're also talking to me." I could tell he was trying to suppress his laughter as I was getting flustered so quickly. 

Suddenly, my phone was wrenched from my hand and I looked up, shocked to see Mari and Mel holding my phone up between them. They put it onto speaker and Mel asked him a question. "Hello. This is one of said friends, and who might you be?"

I couldn't take it back, they'd kill me, might as well just hope he doesn't say anything too embarrassing, for his sake and mine. "Uh, what happened to Ian? And this is Anthony."

Accusatory looks were shot my way instantaneously. "Ian's fine. But he might not be in a minute." Any reply Anthony had was cut off as they hung up on him. 

I knew I had a lot of explaining to do. But that's the least of my worries. 

Was it actually possible for me and Anthony to be just friends

I just have to keep my emotions in check, and this should all work out just fine.. 

A.N.: I'm sorry for the late update!:( And thanks to all those who have been reading!!!!!!!