Chapter 32: This.

~Ian's POV~

I was rudely awakened by a loud yelling that was emanating throughout my house. I sat up in bed immediately, swinging my legs over and stretching as I made my way quietly into the hallway. The words were somewhat clearer as soon as my door was opened. 

"Anthony, what did you do?!" Kalel's outraged voice said. 

"Nothing! Now, can I go see Ian now?" Anthony's voice was gruff and deep. 

"No! Not until you tell me what the Hell you did." 

"I punched him." 

"You what!?"

"You heard me." 

As I'd been listening, I'd crept down the hall for it be even clearer heard. I stumbled though, like the clumsy person I am, and toppled onto my hands and knees with a loud exclamation of "oh fuck!" 

"Ian..uh, how're you feeling?" Kalel asked as she helped me get back on my feet, a nervous smile on her face. 

She'd cleaned the glass off the floor, which I was grateful for, and the shattered remains of my phone were on the dining table. Daisy was sleeping on the love seat, the only one that wasn't disturbed by the atmosphere of the room.

"I'm fine. But cut the crap, what's going on?" I looked over at Anthony, only now noticing how his back was turned to me. I took tentative steps towards him. I put a hand on his shoulder, turning him to face me. 

 What I saw made me take a few startled steps back. 

His eyes were dark, one ringed with a forming black eye. His lip was split at the side, a little dried blood there. I put a hand over my mouth, surprise making me freeze in place. Fuck. He did punch him. But, apparently, he got punched back harder. My hand automatically went forward to trace down his cheek. "Oh, babe, what have you done?"

He sighed, grabbing my hand with his own and not giving me any answer. "He got into an..argument with Sawyer and a few of his asshole friends," Kalel finally said, anger blazing in her eyes.

"Anthony, why would you do that?"

He didn't give me an actual answer, instead tracing his thumb over my injured knuckles. "Are you alright, Blue Eyes?" 

"Don't change the subject. I just took out some pent up anger on an innocent wall," I said while snatching my hand from his grasp. 

"Uh, I hate to interrupt the moment, but I'm gonna duck out. Seems like you guys need to talk. Call me tomorrow to let me know how you're doing." And then Kalel was gone and it was just Anthony and I.

"Anthony. You're an idiot. You shouldn't have punched him. I'm dealing with it just fine." 

"I know you, I know when you're lying. And they were harassing me when I went to the coffee shop to get doughnuts for you so when we were outside I just kinda..hit him. I couldn't help it. But clearly I got beaten worse so you don't have to reprimand me because I already know it was a stupid thing to do." He looked so angry. Angry and sad. 

When Anthony Padilla is sad..the whole world seems darker when not shown his smile. 

I cupped his face with both my hands, "I'm not mad. I promise. I'm just worried and upset." I guided him to the couch, dragging him to sit down next to me. "Now hug me, you doughnut." 

He, surprisingly, bent his body a little bit to rest his head against my chest while his arms wound around my waist tightly. Mine went around the middle of his back as I bent kind of awkwardly. I heard his voice get thicker as he spoke, "Ian, I really am sorry."