Chapter 8: Fun.

~Ian's POV~

Mari and Melanie were staring at me. Waiting for my explanation, but what was there to explain? I chose to be friends with the guy they hate, against my own judgment, and he had called me within an hour. I need to make sure they understand that although they are both slightly older than me, I am a grown man who can make my own choices. Whether they are good choices or not.

-Anthony's POV-

I stretched my stiff muscles when I woke up at two in the afternoon, after falling asleep following my brief phone call with Ian. His friends scare me, even if they are just harmless. 

 This arrangement of a friendship wasn't exactly what I wanted, I wanted a sexual relationship. Maybe friends with benefits would be a good term for it.  Usually, when I have an attraction to someone, I sleep with them and it's out of my system for good. But that didn't happen this time, if anything, the attraction only grew. And that pisses me off. Especially because he's so.. clean. He didn't want to sleep with me again because we aren't in any sort of 'relationship'. Who needs that when you can just get the sex and not have to deal with a high maintenance and time consuming relationship?         

I much prefer my current set up of things, one night stands are what I practically live for. 

I was pulled out of my frustrating thoughts by a questioning 'mew' from my feet, making me realize I've been just standing by my bed for about five minutes now. My cat, the one I trust every secret with, Pip, stood at my feet. Even my cat is trying to tell me to get my shit together. 

I adopted Pip while in one of my only real relationships with, my now best friend, Kalel, two years ago. We were together for a year prior to getting Pip, to accompany our other cat Kabuki, and were dating for another year after, breaking up mutually about a year ago now. It didn't bother us too much, and we easily transitioned into being best friends. I was a loyal and perfect boyfriend, but when I went back on the market I decided to hit up some clubs and discovered the joy having sex with no strings attached can bring. 

 Back onto the topic of Pip, instead of my not-so-love-life, I actually have a tattoo of his paw print from when he was a baby tattooed above my hip. I've been getting tattoos since I was eighteen, and I decided I wanted something to always keep Pip by my side. So, I got some paper, some paint and my Pip and put the paint (washable, animal safe) onto his foot and pressed it onto the paper. Then I brought it to the tattoo parlor with me and ta-da. 

But now, in the present, he's staring at me like I'm crazy. I scratched the back of my head and picked him up, bringing him to the kitchen of my apartment to give him his late lunch. 

The next day, Monday, I texted Ian. I decided calling him wouldn't be a good idea, after last time. 

 To: Ian ;) 

Hey, wanna hang out today?

I tapped my fingers as I impatiently waited for him to answer, leaning against my counter. 

From: Ian ;) 

Where? When? 

I smirked at his obvious nervousness about hanging out with me. 

To: Ian ;) 

My apartment, in an hour?

From: Ian ;)

...don't try anything.. 

To: Ian ;) 

I wont, don't u worry;) 

        From: Ian ;)

        That winky face makes me worry. 

I laughed at his apprehension. He should definitely be worried..

I got ready for when he gets here. I put on my favourite black sweat pants and styled my hair, leaving myself with no shirt on. I'm sure that'll get his attention. I'm trying really hard here. 

A quiet knock on my door caused me to practically run over to it and open it. I smiled as I saw him, he was in this dark blue sweater (with an adorably matching beanie) and tight blue jeans. His eyes widened when he saw my clothing attire, or lack thereof, and he shifted on his feet, looking embarrassed slightly. 

"Hey Blue Eyes, come on in. Make yourself at home," I said, stepping aside to invite him in. 

He smiled shyly and walked past me, sitting politely on my couch. 

Just looking at him I knew this was gonna be a lot of fun

A.N.: So this story has over 220 views and that is amazing to me!:O thanks to anyone reading this!! This chapter is a little bit shorter because I just wanted to give you guys an insight into what Anthony is thinking right now at this point in the story.