Chapter 6: Halloween.

~Ian's POV~

Mari took me to the doctors..possibly the most awkward experience of my life. My doctor asked me about my recent 'sexual encounters' as soon as Mari left the room. He then made me change into a hospital gown type of thing so I could be examined. Most awkward physical in all of existence. I changed back into my regular clothes and sat uncomfortably on the exam table, impatiently awaiting the results, so I could leave the awkwardness behind me. 

The doctor came back in with Mari trailing behind him. "Okay, Mr.Hecox, it looks like your sexual experience put a strain on that part of your body, causing the pain you are still going through.'' He handed me a small piece of  paper and continued, ''This is a prescription for some painkillers and I highly suggest you refrain from engaging in sexual activities for at least a month, to let your body recover completely. And next time, be more careful. Or tell your partner to be more careful, the human body is a delicate thing, after all."

Let's just say the whole drive back to my house was full of angry glares directed at Mari and her trying not to laugh about the doctors 'wisdom'. 

~2 weeks later~

I've been doing..better. The pain is gone, I'm just constantly scared of bumping into him. I guess Anthony must have bragged about how he made a fool of me because now everyone my age knows. The assholes at work call me a fag. Phil and Melanie, Josh, and Wes all give me pity looks when I see them. When Sawyer saw me next he wouldn't leave me alone about my "schoolgirl crush" on Anthony, and now, two weeks later, he still won't shut the fuck up about it. 

It was Halloween today and Phil, who I now considered my closest work friend, besides Melanie of course, had invited me and a few other people from work to his and Dan's Halloween party. I was tentative about going to another party, but hey maybe I need to let loose a bit, I've been too uptight lately. And maybe, just possibly, I can meet a cute guy or girl and have the real relationship I have always wanted. And not just something that's based off of sex. 

Anyways, I have been oh so creative at the last minute with my costume of..a cat. Don't judge me! I forgot I even needed a costume until today, causing me to run to the dollar store with my low amount of income left over from bills and shopping. They had fake cat ears and a tail that pretty much matched my hair colour of light brown, and sharpies of course, and my cost totalled only five dollars. Score! 

When I got home I changed into black skinny jeans, tighter than my usual, and a baby blue t-shirt that  "complimented my eyes" according to Mari and tucked the fluffy tail into the waistband of my jeans. I carefully drew on the black whiskers first, making sure they were even, followed by the pink nose. I just know this is gonna be a bitch to get off later..but meh, I still spent a lot less money than I would have if I had gone to an actual Halloween store.

I check my watch, seeing it's time to go pick up Mari and Melanie. It's time for me to party, this kitty wants to meow. 

The party is in full swing when we knock on the door to the Dan and Phil house, Phil answering the door with a beer in hand. His face lit up with a smile when he saw us there, Mari being a ballerina and Melanie decked out in a full artist outfit including a paintbrush and plaint splattered apron (and even a splatter of bright pink on her cheek). 

"Hey guys! Your costumes are great." He complimented us. 

"Thanks dude!" I said giving him a pat on the shoulder as he let us in the house. "What exactly is yours? If you don't mind me asking." I curiously asked. 

"I'm a zombie giraffe this year! And you'll know Dan when you see him, he's a vampire, or as he calls it he is the 'Danpire'."

I laughed at the rather creative pun. Mari tugged on my arm impatiently and I gave Phil a wave of farewell as I was dragged into the depths of the party. If only I had known that he called after me, and I just couldn't hear him over the sounds of the crowd.