Slowly losing

Location: Hereford base

Time: 7:00 am

*Y/n POV*

I sat in the mess hall completely quiet. I felt nothing. My mind was blank, it was as if it needed something to happen for it to be filled with emotion. I looked around as I saw the other operators talking to each other and laughing. I look down and turned back to look at my food, which I haven't taken a bite out of. Jackson came into my view and walked over to me, and sat down in front of me. I didn't even make eye contact with him.

Jackson: "Is everything okay?"

I stayed quiet.

Jackson: "Dude, talk to me."

"Why should I?"

Jackson: "Because we're friends. I'm here for you whether you like it or not."

"Were you there for me all those years ago?"

Jackson: "..."

Y/n: "Do you know how it felt having my only true friend leaving and never to be seen?...do you know how it feels to be lonely?"

Jackson: "I'm sorry..."

I slammed my fist against the table and stood up while looking at him with pure hatred.

"Sorry?...you don't get to say sorry to me. You're just like everyone in this damn place...Saying you're there for each other yet you couldn't be there for me."

Jackson: "I think you're forgetting the fact that I had to move at that time, and you know that I had no choice but to go."

"...fuck you.."

I kicked the chair back and stormed out of the mess hall, then went straight to my dorm, slamming the door in the process, and began to throw everything around in my reach. I stopped as my mind started to go blank again. The images of me killing those soldiers in Poland started to replay in my head, making me smile and slowly laugh.

So...you decided to embrace the hatred?...

hehe just shut up...

That won't be possible...you know that...

I SAID SHUT UP!...

I stopped smiling and laughing. I looked up and stayed quiet as my mind started to race with random thoughts. I then got up and put on some workout clothes. I then walked out and made my way towards the gym.

*Emma POV*

I kept looking at it. The drone that me and him worked on. All the memories we had, and now he's going away. I picked it up and examined it. I then held it close as my eyes started to vibrate.

Gilles: "Are you alright?"

I looked behind to see Gilles looking at me with a concerned look. I nodded and went back to holding the drone close. Of course, knowing the person he is, he sat down in a chair beside me and looked at me.

"He's leaving..."

Gilles: "Who?"

"Y/n...I heard him tell Harry that he wanted to leave..."

Gilles: "So I see...sad news indeed..."

"Why do people like the white masks exist?... if it weren't for them, Y/n wouldn't have been tortured."

Gilles: "This world is made up of both evil and good...we can't do much about it except fight for a better future..."

"Why do terrorists have to exist?..."