Bad luck follows all

Time: 4:00 am
Location: Hereford Base

*Y/n POV*

I felt the sun hit against my face making my eyes flutter open. I lift my head and look around to see that I'm inside my room. I felt someone warm rub against me so I looked over and saw Emma still asleep while hugging me. I smile to myself and look around to see that's its still dark outside, I check my phone and see that it's 4 in the morning.

Y/n: jeez 4am?...guess I'll go back to sleep then...

Before I fall asleep I felt Emma move around and slightly groan, I could even feel her heartbeat next to my chest start to go faster.

Y/n: She's having a nightmare...

Before I could do anything else, she woke up and sat up while breathing heavily and frantically looking around. I sat myself up and placed my hand on top of hers. She looked at me and instantly embraced me with a hug, but it wasn't just normal hug, it was the kind of hug that made me think she was pleading for help...desperate help.

Y/n: "Hey whoa whoa whoa easy, I'm here...it's okay." I hugged her back and caressed the back of her head while she clinged onto me with no sign of letting go.

Emma: "P...please...don't leave me..."

Her words made my heart sank. I gently pulled her off and looked directly into her beautiful green eyes.

Y/n: "Easy, I'm not going anywhere, I will never leave you Emma, I promise."

Her eyes slowly stopped releasing tears, the only thing left of her fear was her body being really shaky.

Y/n: "Come on, let's get some more sleep."

She nodded and we both lied back down on the bed. I wrapped my arms around her and she held onto my arms. She breathed in and let out a shaky sigh, and soon she fell asleep, but I didn't fall asleep...I kept thinking about how me and her ended up doing this...sure I don't mind it, but after realizing that she likes me I didn't know what else to do...At first I thought of her as a friend but now it just looks like I'm using her and wasting her time...but I have to be honest that I'm slowly starting to fall for her. Me and her get along well obviously, we have the same interests as well but she is way more intelligent than I am. She's smart, beautiful, kind, confident, and very clever as well, even though I haven't seen her most quick-witted moments I still have to admit the clever part. I felt my eyes start to get heavy again and soon enough I saw nothing but pitch black and fell asleep.

*timeskip, Jackson POV*

"Are you sure letting Y/n go on a lone wolf mission is a good idea?"

Harry: "I need him to gather any intel possible on the white masks. The location I'm sending him to is a stronghold that the White Masks use as one of their bases."

"I'm not saying I'm looking down on him but...him on a lone wolf mission seems like a bad idea, he gets reckless whenever he's in control of everything."

Harry: "I'll be watching him through a body cam, if anything goes wrong I'll have the recording saved on my computer."

I sigh and look to the side.

Harry: "I know that you are his friend and that you want to look out for him, but this is necessary for the fight against the White Masks."

"We're not just friends...we're brothers...we grew up together, me and him. We always got into trouble together and we had each other's backs from the moment we met and to this day...if something happens to him...I'll end up losing my shit..."