The invitation

Y/n's POV

I was currently walking through the halls to my dorm to get a few things for the shooting range when suddenly the speaker came on and the voice of the commander started to speak.

Commander: "Would Cpl. L/n please meet me in the mess hall, please. Thank you."

As the speaker then turned off I started to get confused as why the commander of the whole military wanted to meet up with me...must be another organization wanting me to join them, so I decided to go meet up with him as there really wasn't any other choice, but as I was arriving at my destination a few soldiers who were higher ranks than me began to surround me, and I sighed knowing what they were about to do.

Soldier #1: "hey kid what are you doing out here? I thought boot camp was that way". He said pointing behind him."

Soldier #2: "yeah pipsqueaks like you don't belong here."

"I was just heading to the mess hall to meet up with someone that's all". I said while standing my ground.

Soldier #1: "who are you going to meet up with huh? Your mommy so she can help you stop pissing your pants every time you see me?". As he said that the other soldiers let out a few chuckles and laughs while I stood there without making any movement. Just then I spotted the commander heading towards the my direction and then stopped halfway through his steps.

Commander: "SOLDIERS FRONT AND CENTER!"

As the commander's voiced boomed throughout the whole base the soldiers who surrounded me jumped up in surprise and quickly turned around to face the commander, they then saluted to him and stayed in that position, as for me I did the same.

Commander: "At ease L/n you don't have to do that son."

I then took my arm down and stood there waiting for his orders, but he then looked at the other soldiers and gave them a devilish smirk.

Commander: "Lt. I want you and all of your men to run 10 laps around the base, as punishment for the insults that you gave to this soon-to-be hero".

Hero? What did he mean by hero? I then looked to see the soldiers starting to run and the commander walking up to me with a proud smile across his face.

Commander: " if you're wondering how I knew of what they told you let's just say I have eyes and ears everywhere. We should head inside the mess hall to discuss that meeting." I then followed him into the mess hall and sat down across from him on a table, he then took out a piece of paper and slid it towards me.

Commander: "do you know what this is son?"

"Yes, I do sir it is a registration paper for a military organization."

Commander: "but do you know which military organization is it?". I then opened my mouth to say something but I couldn't think of what other organization would want me.

Commander: "son pack your things, for you are now a member of the military organization known as rainbow". Said the commander with a bright smile.

"Sir are you being serious?" I said trying not to burst into complete happiness.

Commander: "I'm being as serious as a manager on Black Friday. Oh and as for this paper you don't need it turns out the director of rainbow just needs your files with your info so you can go and pack your things because you leave in about an hour, oh and your ride will be landing at the landing zone in sector z". As he finished he then got up and left to go back to his office while I just sat there trying to hold in my excitement, but it was too late.

"YESSS! MOTHER OF GOD I'M GOING TO BE A PART OF RAINBOW!!!! THANK YOU, LORD!!!".

I then calmed down and started to go and say my goodbyes to everyone that I knew I then proceeded back to my dorm to pack all my things needed for my new home.

*one hour later*

I checked the time to see that one hour has already passed, and I then walked to the door, but as I was about to open it I took one last look at my dorm to remind me of all the memories I had here I nearly felt like crying, but as my dad said "men do not cry"
I then opened the door and closed it then proceeded to the landing zone in sector z, and as I got there I noticed the commander there waiting and an operator from the SAS I walked up to them and saluted to my commander, but he then took out his hand for me to shake it I then shook his hand and he then said something that I will remember for the rest of my life.

Commander:" it was an honor leading you into battle son, go out there and explore the world and make sure to kick some terrorist ass".

"The honor was all mine sir I will remember you as one of the greatest commanders to ever lead me, thank you for everything."

I then let go of his hand and turned to the SAS member who gestured me into the plane, I nodded at him and climbed into the plane and I did take notice that another operator was here as well, he had the German flag on the sleeve of his uniform so I'm guessing that he's German and from the GSG 9 I then sat down and looked to see the SAS operator shake hands with my commander and then proceed to climb onto the plane. As the back of the plane was closing I waved one final goodbye to my commander and he returned it with a wave back, but then the plane closed and I suddenly felt the plane slowly rising from the ground then started to move and sure enough, we were already flying towards rainbows base. The SAS member then looked at me and took out his hand for me to shake it, I politely shook it and he then began speaking.

Sledge: "I never introduced myself name's Seamus Cowden but on the field, you call me Sledge".

"Corporal Y/n L/n at your service sir, it is an honor meeting you."

Sledge: "heh they weren't kidding when they said that you were respectful, the one flying the plane is Jäger one of the GSG 9 members that we have at rainbow".

Jäger waved at me and I waved back at him and I returned my attention back to Sledge.

"Pardon me for asking sir, but is it true that rainbow has multiple operators from around the world?".

Sledge: "Well yes it is true, we have members from the FBI, GSG 9 like Jäger, SAS like me, GIGN, and a bunch of others, but you'll have time to meet them once we are at the base... any more questions?".

"Yes actually I have one more where is the base located? I heard rumors that you have multiple bases throughout the world".

Sledge: "We do have bases around the world but currently we are stationed at a base in Hereford England. Now you might want to get some sleep because we have a long ride ahead of us".

"Yes sir thank you." I then tilted my head back to rest while Sledge was talking with someone on his phone, I then see that my eyesight began to darken, and soon enough I was sleeping with only one thought in my head.

"Did I make the right decision?"