Zero to one hundred

*Y/n POV*

I ran through the halls of the simulation, busting down a door as I heard multiple footsteps coming from the first floor up to the second. I breathed heavily as the adrenaline started to kick in. I stood up and peaked over the desk I hid behind in the room I was in, scanning the door and walls where they bust through and attack. I slowly crept to my feet and stepped towards the door, as I did, I was met by a muscular man ramming through the wooden wall and slamming me into the other, where he yanked my weapon away from my hands and kicked me to the ground. He slid his own weapon out and pointed it at me, I reacted quickly and kicked his knee where fell on the other and shot the floor next to me. I attempted to grab him, only for him to shove me back and throw a blow to my face, which I caught before contact, causing a surprised face on him. I resisted his force, but he used my resistance as a way to throw me across the room again, to which he threw a fist at me, then sliding his 'knife' out and try to eliminate me. I caught his arms in time before the 'knife' made contact with my body. He pushed using all his strength, my arms barely gave in to push him back. I looked at him and yelled in anger as I slowly started to push his knife away and stand on my feet, I felt the shock he had grow in his body, which caused his strength to go down and allow me to kick him back, keeping his knife in my hands and splitting it in half as I threw it to the side and looked at him.

"I don't think we've met yet."

???: "Oryx."

"Y/n...nice to meet you."

Oryx got to his feet and tried to grab my waist to most likely through to the ground. But I made my knee come in contact with his face and throw him in a state of confusion, to which I took advantage of by throwing a fist towards his face and attempt to knock him out. Still, he refused to give up and pushed me back, only for me to respond by kneeing his abdomen, throw a left and right hook to his face, grab his head and slam it against the door of the room. It did enough to make him go down but he still got back up, making me roll my eyes and shrug.

"I Can do this all day"

Oryx: "Can you really?"

He charged at me, which caught me off guard, I felt him grab my waist and shove me into the wall, nearly breaking it. He then lifted me up in the air, only for me to immediately throw elbows towards his face, one of which went into his eye and stunned him, dropping me and gave me the opportunity to knee him in the jaw, knocking him to the ground.

*BEEEEEEEEP*

We heard the buzzer go off, the medics rushed in and took Oryx away, I picked up my weapons and walked towards the rest area where I slid my mask off and leaned against the wall after the simulation.

Mike: "You've got a dog in you."

I open my eyes and look to see Mike hand me a Tylenol and water. I took the pill and swallowed it with the water.

Mike: "You're getting better and better mate, I think you're just about ready to get back into the field."

"You think so?"

Mike: "Indeed I do, you're free for the rest of the day."

Mike left, leaving me in my own thoughts as I sipped the water some more, I hear someone entering and look to see Elena and Twitch walk in, along with Alex.

Alex: "Ah, my comrade, it's been too long."

"It's been like an hour since we last spoke."

Elena: "I saw how you left Oryx."

"Yeah? Look how he left me." I lifted my shirt up and showed the slight bruise forming on my side, along with the ones on my face and a few cuts.

Alex: "We could have used people like you back in our days."