Strong wills

*3rd POV, White mask base*

He stood out on the balcony, breathing in the air that flowed past him. He closed his eyes as a small breeze blew against his face. His eyes slowly opened again and gazed into the horizon as he began to remember his past life, the life he once enjoyed with the only lover he ever had. His daydreaming was broken as he felt someone behind him, startling him and causing his hand to point his gun at whoever it was out of instinct.

Ichor: "And here I thought we had something going on."

Abigor: "I thought you said you didn't like me." He replied as he holstered his gun.

Ichor: "Not like that you idiot." She walked up to him and stood by him as he kept looking out at the horizon.

Abigor: "Heh...you remind me a lot of..."

Ichor: "Of who?"

Abigor looked down, making Ichor lightly smack his arm.

Ichor: "Just get on with it, we've been through a lot and not one of those times have I seen you like this. Now tell me, what's wrong?"

Abigor: "I'm just...reminiscing...about what my life was before and what it is now."

Ichor: "Why?"

Abigor chuckled "I'm pretty sure this is the only time I'll ever be able to get a view like this and get the chance to reflect on myself before I die."

Ichor: "I see..."

Abigor: "Do you remember the first time we met?"

Ichor: "How could I forget? You pretty much found me on the streets of my hometown, hell, you were even pointing your gun at me after I stole from you."

Abigor let out a small laugh "It's like it happened yesterday."

She let out a small laugh as well. A long silence followed after.

Abigor: "I wish I could see her again..."

Ichor: "She sounds like she meant a lot to you...tell me about her."

Abigor: "Heh, where do I even start?...she's...she's uh..."

Ichor: "You really don't know?"

Abigor: "It's hard for me to talk about her and not get choked up."

Ichor: "Understandable, just...don't dwell on it too much."

Abigor: "I'll try not to..."

Another long silence followed after that. Ichor sighed as she slowly took the headgear off her and allowed her face to be met with a cool and refreshing breeze.

Abigor: "It's nice isn't it?"

Ichor: "It is...this might be the only time I'll ever be able to feel something this nice, before I..."

She paused at the last word, her mind coming to a sudden realization of all that has happened the last few years, months, and weeks.

Abigor: "It all happened so fast...I'm surprised we've made it this far together."

Ichor: "What do you think will happen next?"

Abigor: "We either die, world domination, or...we retire I guess."

Ichor: "Retirement sounds nice...but not as nice as many would think considering we're terrorists that are practically wanted by every major country in the world."

Abigor: "There's something called "going off-grid", but, we'll just let life lead us down to the path we are destined to be on."

Ichor: "Which is most likely death and hell at this point."