Chapter 2 (sadness)

Hey guys, I'm back with another chapter!

ENJOY!

Baekhyun's POV

I just got off a 10 hour shift. Since Kai had the day off today, he offered to take care of Haneul the whole day, so I could make some extra money and work more. I was so grateful to have Jongin and Kyungsoo in my life, I really didn't know what to do without them. It was embarrassing, when they bought groceries for Haneul and me sometimes, because I just couldn't afford food from high brands, which they could afford. Nonetheless, I was still happy, even though I didn't want them to spend money on us. Them taking care of my baby was already enough help.

I got home and took my shoes off, feeling exhausted. I really couldn't do this anymore. I had to find a new job. I couldn't keep working extra hours, because the pay was still not good, but who would hire a single parent nowadays, who was only able to work at night?

"Hey, Baek. How are you?" Jongin asked me, worried.

"I'm fine, thank you. Thank you for taking care of Haneul once again." I gave him a sad smile and joined them on the couch.

Haneul was about to fall asleep, but once he saw me, he immediately jumped up.

"Hey there, baby. Did you miss Papa? Why are you still awake at this hour?" I showered his tiny face with small kisses, to which he giggled.

God, I really loved this tiny human being with all my heart.

"Pwa-Pwa!"

"Wow, he is saying Papa already?" I nodded fondly. Babies his age probably spoke a lot more, but my baby was just shy. I even asked the doctors and they took some tests, but thankfully, he was fine.

"He is growing up too fast, Kai, and I don't even get to witness it that much."

"Then why don't you accept the job I told you about? It pays really well, even if you only work like every second day. You'll be able to afford way more. You are working your ass off right now and you don't even make enough money for yourself and Haneul." I sighed, nodding sadly. Kai was right.

I was so physically and mentally exhausted.

"Do they know, that I'm a single parent with a 10 months old child?"

"Well... Not yet, because I didn't know if you would want the job. Come on, Baek. It's easy money. You'll be doing the same tasks you do every day at home."

I thought about it and it really didn't sound that bad.

"But is he willing to accept me? What if I'm not suitable for that job?"

"Don't be like that, Baek. Have some confidence, you are great. And very ambitious, too."

"Maybe you are right..." I pondered.

"I am right. Now go and take a shower and have some food, I'll look after Haneul."

I took a shower and had some noodles, before joining them once again in the living room, not feeling that hungry anymore.

"I guess you are right, Kai. I do need a new job and I have to do this for my baby. I can't keep living like this and I hate to ask you and Kyungsoo for help. You guys rarely have any private time, because I keep bothering you with my problems." I said, letting out a stray tear.

God, this was so embarrassing. I hated how pathetic I sounded, but I was really desperate.

"Baek, please don't cry. Kyungsoo and I love you guys so much, you are family to us and we love to help you out, because you do the same for us."

I nodded and gave him a big hug.

"Uncle Kai is the best, isn't he, Haneul-ah?" I wiped my tears away and hugged my baby close.

"Utel Kaaah!" My eyes widened in shock. He said Kai's name!

"Say it again, baby. Come on. Say uncle Kai."

He shook his head cutely and giggled, teasing us.

"He is a comedian, just like his Papa." I laughed.

"It's been a while since I've last seen you laugh, Baekhunnie."

"I know, I'm just tired of everything right now. Plus, I really miss my family. I have tried contacting my mother again, but no luck. I spoke on her mailbox, telling her that she had a grandson, hoping that that will catch her attention, but when I tried to call her again, she declined my call." I sighed sadly. I made sure to talk quietly, because Haneul was pretty smart and he could tell when I was upset.

I could need a mother figure in my life really badly, right now.

"I'm sorry to hear that, Baek. But you shouldn't try anymore. It's their loss, not yours. You've been doing so good without them, just look how good Haneul is behaving already. You should be proud of yourself. You even went to college without their help, paying for everything on your own. Not many people can do that, Baekhyun."

"I know, but still. I would love to have a supportive family, but I don't. So I'm even more grateful for you and Kyungsoo. You guys have been my true family since day one."

"And we always will be. Alright, enough of the crying. It's time to change your life. I'll give you Sehun's number, just text him and tell him I sent you."

"Alright, thanks Nini. I'll text him tomorrow."

"Okay, I better leave now. It's really late and I have work tomorrow, or rather later." I felt so bad again, but he just ruffled my hair and gave Haneul a kiss goodbye.

"Thank you for everything, Nini. Goodnight."

"Night, Baekhunnie. And text Sehun, alright?" I nodded.

After Kai left, I took Haneul into our room and lulled him to sleep, after giving him some milk. Haneul had an upset stomach nowadays, that's why he had problems falling asleep, my poor baby. Plus, he was still teething very badly, so he was in so much pain.

I also got bed ready and thought about everything.

And hopefully I would have a new job soon....

..........................

Aye, I hope yall liked this small chapter. The chapters will get longer, once the story goes on more.

And as always, please leave me some feedback!

Annyeong!