Chapter 21 (The Truth, Part 1)

Hey babes!

And here I am with the fourth update in a row... 😊

Please do give me feedback on this story and or my writing!

Reminder: English is NOT my first language! Sorry for any mistakes!

Love you and thank you all so much for the sweet messages and comments! 💞

ENJOY!

Baekhyun's POV

My life was pretty much going back to "normal". Well, at least back to what I was used to. Haneul was getting bigger and bigger and he was getting quite demanding. I haven't been thinking about Loey as much. Actually, that was a lie. I do think about him every day, but I was trying not to.

Everything reminded me of him. Even Haneul! Which was the craziest part. The fact that Haneul was calling for his DaDa, didn't make things easier for me.

I had been hanging out with my friends more lately, wanting to distract myself as much as possible, even though it didn't really work.

I hung out with Sehun yesterday and Loey kept calling him many times, which confused me. Did he do that on purpose, just because his brother was with me or was it actually urgent? I guess I'll never know...

My feelings were all over the place, I was once again back in that black hole I once was when I was 18. Why did life have to be so complicated? I was still young, so what was going to happen once I got older? I didn't want to think about it or it would drive me even crazier.

"What are you thinking about, Hyun?" Kai ripped me out of my thoughts.

"Nothing... Just some stuff."

"Are you sure?" I nodded, not even realizing that I had bitten half of my nails off.

"Positive."

We were currently looking for a new job for me. It was hard finding one, since I would have odd working hours, because of Haneul. I wasn't ready to send him off to daycare, he was way too young for that. And he was still pretty attached to me, which was normal, considering he was only one year old. It took a long time for him to get used to his two uncles and he still cried when I brought him over to their house.

I wanted to cook some dinner for us three, when my phone rang. It was Sehun.

"Hello?"

"Hyun! Are you avoiding me on purpose or why aren't you opening the door for me?"

Huh, what was he talking about?

"How am I supposed to know you are outside? Why didn't you ring the bell?"

"I did like 4 times and I could tell you are home, because your lights are on."

"Then the bell must be broken, I promise I didn't hear anything. I'll open the door now."

I lived in a pretty run down apartment, which was also tiny. It was only a matter of months until everything fell apart.

"Alright, see you."

I went ahead and opened the door for him, hugging him.

"Finally! I was freezing!" He laughed and I giggled quietly. They all greeted each other, before we all sat down in the living room, enjoying a glass of wine. Dinner could wait, I guess, since nobody was that hungry anyway.

"Baek, can you come to the kitchen, please?" I nodded and followed Sehun.

"Yes?"

"How do I say this without worrying you too much..." He mumbled and I was getting nervous now. Worry me? What was he talking about?